Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    lol. HPT should consider moving their forum out of the grand canyon, lots of echos in here.

welcome to the club HNK.....just get in line.
    Higgs....here are a few more...Where is the Tune Repository, How do I buy credits, Can't log in, lots of them...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Higgs....here are a few more...Where is the Tune Repository, How do I buy credits, Can't log in, lots of them...

Ed M
    These have definitely been the most frequently asked questions over the last 2 weeks or so, enough that we added them to the knowledge base, unfortunately few actually read through it https://support.hptuners.com/index.p...ledgebase/List
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    How come I can buy a mpvi2 but cant upgrade to one through the site? Wanting to trade in my mpvi standard please feel free to PM me @bill

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCobaltSS View Post
    is there a ETA on a release date yet?
    X2...

Quote Originally Posted by TDolly View Post
    How come I can buy a mpvi2 but cant upgrade to one through the site? Wanting to trade in my mpvi standard please feel free to PM me @bill
    Upgrades will be enabled once we start shipping.
    I count sheep in hex...

in-line.....:-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Is it safe to assume the new MPVI2 will see WBO2's on the GM CAN without expansion port? I use an AEM 30-0334 daily for clients and have many dual AEM 30-0310 hardwired in vehicles and on the CAN after Dr Mike works his magic.

Tuner in Training
    So we can still use a hardwired connection if we need it via the usb connection?

If we are going down the path of upgrading our Pro mpvi 1 interface, will we need to purchase new obd to serial cable? I/O plug (doubt it), and usb C cables?

Also, what hidden features does this new mpvi interface have now to keep the OEM's happy? Will hptuners ever opensource their products to get collaboration from the community?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Upgrades will be enabled once we start shipping.
    Weren't y'all shipping out today? I still don't see the option.

Suppose to be today!!! Still shows out of stock...
    Waiting patiently

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Suppose to be today!!! Still shows out of stock...
    Waiting patiently
    Haaaaaalp us!
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Haaaaaalp us!
    You can order an mpvi2 here https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi2/ if you simply can't wait for the upgrade path, and in a couple of weeks you should be able to send in your old interface so we can transfer over the licenses for you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    From Chris "Upgrades will be enabled once we start shipping."

Lol So you lied about this ? dame i feel hoed

At this point I just want to upgrade my mpvi1... the 2 doesn?t really benefit me honestly anytime soon... without WB inout directly actually make my tunes not as accurate

i apologize, my post in the other thread was intended to mean we need to get shipping going on the backorders of MPVI2 we have in line before we can begin processing upgrades. The last thing we want is to promise a few days turnaround on upgrades and not be able to deliver on it. We understand that many shops even one day of downtime is tough. That's also why have offered customers to purchase an MPVI2 and then return their MPVI Std or Pro later to combine the licenses to maintain availability to their customers for the extra $110 ($299 vs $189).

We are a small company, we don't have 15 people available to ship and process upgrades, we have 2. Hopefully this means sometime mid/late next week will be in a position to enable upgrades. Again i apologize for the confusion i caused.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris... thanks or the reply, I realize the company is VERY busy right now..

Question...

Could I purchase the pro mpvi2 NOW and start using it and just send in my pro MPVI in a few weeks to transfer credits??

You don?t need to have both boxes I ASSUME???

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Chris... thanks or the reply, I realize the company is VERY busy right now..

Question...

Could I purchase the pro mpvi2 NOW and start using it and just send in my pro MPVI in a few weeks to transfer credits??

You don?t need to have both boxes I ASSUME???
    Yes you can. This is explained in the Upgrade FAQ, Q3/Q4/Q5 scenarios are similar. You buy the MPVI2 at normal price ($299) then later can send in your MPVI Pro, we will combine all your licenses and credits and you will also receive the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set at no cost (when it is available). You don't need to send back your MPVI2, just the old MPVI Pro.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    i apologize, my post in the other thread was intended to mean we need to get shipping going on the backorders of MPVI2 we have in line before we can begin processing upgrades. The last thing we want is to promise a few days turnaround on upgrades and not be able to deliver on it. We understand that many shops even one day of downtime is tough. That's also why have offered customers to purchase an MPVI2 and then return their MPVI Std or Pro later to combine the licenses to maintain availability to their customers for the extra $110 ($299 vs $189).

We are a small company, we don't have 15 people available to ship and process upgrades, we have 2. Hopefully this means sometime mid/late next week will be in a position to enable upgrades. Again i apologize for the confusion i caused.

Chris...
    Thank You!!

That's a much better answer than what I've seen in the last few days!! Now, I'll just sit back and wait. All the posts that I've read made it sound like I could upgrade today.

Yes you can. This is explained in the Upgrade FAQ, Q3/Q4/Q5 scenarios are similar. You buy the MPVI2 at normal price ($299) then later can send in your MPVI Pro, we will combine all your licenses and credits and you will also receive the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set at no cost (when it is available). You don't need to send back your MPVI2, just the old MPVI Pro.

Just ordered the mpvi 2... Atleast I?ll use it for now on NEW vehicles and old mpvi1 pro on vehicles I already have licensed.. in a few weeks I?ll send in my pro to get the licenses transferred to my new box!!

This way NO downtime

Advanced Tuner
    If I wait until the Expander Hub is available (for my WB O2 and fuel pressure inputs) before sending in my MPV1 Pro, can I still get the $189 upgrade price and qualify for the Pro Feature Set at no cost when it becomes available??
    Last edited by pannetron; 05-30-2018 at 07:52 PM.