Thread: Should I wait and get MPVI2?

Tuner in Training

Should I wait and get MPVI2?

I'm looking into getting a tuner and saw the new MPVI2. Should I wait until it's available to get it? This is going to be my first tuner. I'll just be doing my car, my sons and maybe a friends.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I would probably wait for the pro version. I do like the fact that credits are now universal. Had I known about the MPVI2 back in March, I would have waited. Although my MPVI1 has worked flawlessly, I am sure the MPVI2 will too but there is always the chance that some small bugs showing up initially.

Tuner in Training
    I wonder when they're going to have them in...

Im curious how the wideband plugs into the MPVI2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    Im curious how the wideband plugs into the MPVI2.
    from our website "... and proprietary Expander Hub ready for analog / digital / voltage sensor and device inputs."

We will enable ordering for the Pro feature set once Expander Hub is shipping.
    I count sheep in hex...

Are Digital Outputs working on the existing now "old" MPVI Pro? If so, great, I gave up asking. For 4 years they didn't, and that's 50% the reason I spent extra what 2$$ and bought the "PRO". The other 50% was the stand alone datalogging, which ended up only recording for 16minutes, and if you didnt end the log before memory was out, the file was corrupt.

I think Digital Outputs only worked after about 2yrs of me complaining, then they released a firmware update on the MPVI PRO, then they stopped working again, and haven't since, at the same time I decided to try "Stand Alone Data Logging" and continued to get errors, never worked. Support said I had too many channels. LOL

I would test every promised function of this new MPVI2, if you get one before the return is up.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-18-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires