Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Class

Advanced Tuner
    I have a ton of questions about a lot of the tables in HPT so I hope that will be the one you will be focusing on.

Are you going to be affiliated with HP Tuners on this or not?

How do we pay for the class, cash, credit card, Paypal?

Sent you a email last night.

A lot of EFI systems have different names for what are essentially the same sets of tables as far as basic engine control goes. The idea is to understand the fundamental reason WHY you would adjust one type of table versus another. For students familiar with HPT, I can easily point out the "GM name" of the tables in question. This class is more about tuning engines than setting up specific PIDs in HPT. Students should be able to come away from this with knowledge of more than just one specific controller or engine configuration.

I'm not directly affiliated with HPT other than I recommend their software as an excellent calibration and acquisition tool for GM applications. Keith has been nice enough to set us up with a license to make teaching the class with a real world example much easier. To me, having the right software/hardware is a pre-requisite to proper calibration methods. HPTuners does this very well on the applications I've used.

We will accept most popular forms of payment short of live children (they're messy) or goats (but I do need a lawnmower). Seriously, I will handle this off the board, but there shouldn't be any problem here. I'm just finishing a tour in Europe for my OEM stuff, so I'll be able to follow up with phone calls and emails much better early next week.

Advanced Tuner
    Very interesting for sure.

I was kinda hoping you would take this goat of my hands, he eats too damn much! lol

If you wouldn't mind, post up some credentials about yourself.

how about internet classes??

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman
    how about internet classes??

I would be interested in an internet class too.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    any plans for some diesel tuning classes? I have a feeling you might get some business there
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I talked to Greg last night, this guy knows a lot about EFI tuning. In a way, his class that he is offering is similar to the EFI 101 class, but he will take it to the next level and spend more time on the tuning itself and the whys.

I don't think this class is recommend for a beginner, you definatly have to have a good understanding on how an engine works along with the sensors and injectors.

I was very impressed by him and I'm going to try to take the Cleveland class at the end of this month.

The complexity of some of the material along with the nature of some of the live demonstrations really doesn't lend itself well to a "net class". I'm sorry guys, but I'm not willing to compromise the quality of the presentation to suit that media.

In all honesty, I wouldn't consider myself enough of an expert on diesel calibration to teach that class right now. Even if I did, it would be a completely separate class from this one, which is already intense enough without adding compression ignition into the frey.

Bill, thanks for the kind words. All that's required is a desire to learn and basic knowledge of what an engine is. Parts of the class teach sensor (MAF, MAP, TPS) operation, and other parts teach combustion theory. It's a tough balance to strike, but I try to make sure that students at all levels come away with something worth the price of admission. I look forward to having you in the class.

Advanced Tuner
    Got your email, thanks!

Tuner
    I'm interested in the Cleveland class. Sent e-mail.

PayPal billing is set up now. Those of you who have sent me emails with your contact info should have an invoice. If you don't receive the PayPal notice in the next 24hrs, email me. Anyone still looking to sign up, just send me an email with your name, address, phone, and class date (Ohio, SEMA, PRI) and I will set you up. It looks like we're going to have a great turnout. I look forward to working with you guys!

Advanced Tuner
    It looks like my work is going to pay for the class, I just have to cover hotel, food and gas to drive there.

Hold a spot for me, I'll be sending payment hopefully this week.

Bill

No problem, Bill. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys in person.

You also bring up a good point. Many companies will cover registration costs for continuing education and formal classes. If you need the formal description to present to an employer, let me know. You might be able to get your employer to cover the cost!

Senior Tuner
    Will you be going to SEMA Greg?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    Will you be going to SEMA Greg?
    Yes. Hopefully, we will get a chance to talk for a while at your booth...

Potential Tuner
    Greg,

Sorry we won't be able to attend your class this time. When will the next one be scheduled? (Detroit is not to far.) Or we would be happy to have you do one here at our Shop in Lexington, KY. (SuperFlow 840 Chassis dyno, with inertia and EddyCurrent loading.) We also have a 6 ft projection screen from the dyno computer, the HP Tuner computer and additional monitors on line. It would be a great class environment. I am sure there are others in this area who would attend one in this part of the country.

Jim
    SR Racing
    HPTuners Dealer
    Last edited by SR Racing; 10-15-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Jim, I'm booked through the end of the year at the momemt. If you're not able to make one of the three upcoming classes (Ohio, SEMA, PRI), I also do personalized on-site training for shops. Shoot me an email directly and I'll get in touch with you. There will be more classes on 2007, but I need to finish some personal projects first.

Tuner
    Can you do classes for those of us that would like to learn Diesels as well?

Jon
    2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax/Allison
    4" MBRP exhaust, Pricol EGT & Boost Guage, HP tuning
    Westin platinum series bars, access cover, bed rug, drawtite hidden gooseneck receiver, 265/75R16 Michellin M/S LTX Load range E

On the way, Kennedy boost valve
    In the works, Kennedy airbox mod

2006 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
    Full stage one (Air cleaner, pipes, tune)

2004 Pontiac GTO 346 CI with CAI, Long Tubes, Cam and tune, 390RWHP - Traded in

Tuner in Training
    If there are any classes near Louisiana I would be in. Please let me know on this. I'd drive to alabama or houston easily.

Advanced Tuner
    Greg check your PM's

Thanks!

Bill