Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Class

Awesome Greg!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    OK, you guys wanted it, you got it. I just spoke with the host for a spring class in L.A. I'll post the details in a couple days, you won't be disappointed.
    Couldn't have come at a better time, I was just about to send you an email saying to sign me up for the Ohio class, LA will be alot better for me so I'll wait!
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training
    The book is due out this May. It should be available at almost every popular source (Amazon, Borders, Summit Catalog, etc...)
    what will it be called?
    99 T/A cam, intake, headers. 405hp 415tq at rw

Quote Originally Posted by S99TA
    what will it be called?
    "Engine Management: Advanced Tuning" It will be published by CarTech Books under their S-A Design series of titles. Everything appears to be on track for a mass release date in may 2007.

Tuner in Training
    Defintely going to keep my ears open on this I would like to make Feb In ohio but It depends where I am at at that time Great contribution!
    Revsc.com

what about us East Coast guys ? lol

Can we buy the book ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette

Can we buy the book ?
    I talked with Greg about the possibility of setting up a East Coast class here in Charleston, SC. I havn't had the opportunity yet to approach the dyno shop's owner and arrange it. Would Charleston work for you?

Hammer

That's about 9 hours away, but it's better than LA

Advanced Tuner
    What about the book? Can I still purchase that?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69
    I talked with Greg about the possibility of setting up a East Coast class here in Charleston, SC. I havn't had the opportunity yet to approach the dyno shop's owner and arrange it. Would Charleston work for you?

Hammer
    You can call xx tuning in conneticut but SC I would go to so please let me know when that might happen.

Senior Tuner
    You cen pre-order it through the link in Greg signature. Once they are released, you will be sent your copy.

Patiently awaiting mine.

I'm still awaiting confirmation on a couple things, but it looks like we'll be doing a class in LA mid-spring and another in Kentucky mid-summer. The February class in Ohio is filling up quickly, so anyone who is planning to attend needs to be on the list and paid before it fills up.

My publisher just confirmed that we are on track for printing in May, and I have already preordered some additional copies from the first run. As soon as my web guy gets everything set up, we will have ordering info there as well as some pics and info on the classes, schedule, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    You cen pre-order it through the link in Greg signature. Once they are released, you will be sent your copy.

Patiently awaiting mine.
    When are they expected to be released?

Would be nice reading material when the GF hogs the laptop

Senior Tuner
    As per Greg's post right above your's.
    Quote Originally Posted by stone
    When are they expected to be released?
    My publisher just confirmed that we are on track for printing in May, and I have already preordered some additional copies from the first run. As soon as my web guy gets everything set up, we will have ordering info there as well as some pics and info on the classes, schedule, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    As per Greg's post right above your's.

I dont know how I missed that?

Well it looks like I'll be pe-ordering

Potential Tuner
    I do not have hptuners yet but plan on getting it for the vette over the summer and sharing it with my friend for his ls1. I would like to learn how to tune to start doing other cars as well, and this class sounds great. Do you think I should learn on my own for awhile first or just jump straight into the class? So far I haven't seen anything close to OK here, that I could attend. Thanks for the advice
    2002 Z06
    TSP lt's and 3 in. X-pipe, Haltec Tric CAI, B&M shifter, 160* stat, 315 PS2's

2002 Z28 6spd sold
    cam, clutch, bolt ons, gears, she will be missed

This class will significantly shorten your general learning curve. Even better if you don't have to un-learn any bad habits. As long as you know the difference between the MAF sensor and the tailpipe, we walk through the rest in the class. I don't spend any time on loading software or individual files, so you should be proficient in that on your own. We take a working software system and a mechanically sound car to make it operate as it should.

If you can tune an LS1, switching to a Ford, BMW, or Honda shouldn't be that difficult as long as you know what to look for.

I'll be adding a couple more locations/dates soon, but not until they're confirmed.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds great, I am very interested, and will most likely buy your book when it comes out as well. I will only be tuning lsx vehicles sorry for the confusion, but I would like to tune ls1/ls6 for some extra money plus I think that would be very interesting. I look forward to hearing back on some future dates, thanks.
    2002 Z06
    TSP lt's and 3 in. X-pipe, Haltec Tric CAI, B&M shifter, 160* stat, 315 PS2's

2002 Z28 6spd sold
    cam, clutch, bolt ons, gears, she will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette
    OK, here ya go...

We'll be hosting a class at Powersurge Performance on April 14-15th. Get your taxes done ahead of time to avoid excuses, fellas! Email me for registration.