Thread: 426 N/A Just when you think ya got it Idle surge out of no where

Tuner in Training

426 N/A Just when you think ya got it Idle surge out of no where

Ok been a while since I had to revise the tune on my car but here we go.
    car ran great in Hawaii moved to North Carolina still ran good. now the car has only made short trips its whole life no more than 10 miles at a time. i now drive this beast 19 miles on the highway to work. The adaptives are what i believe is messing with me. (as i can reset them and the problem goes away until after my next highway trip.)
    it will surge going from D or R to P/N also when putting it into gear it throttles up and has to steadily come back down. so when going from R to D leaving a parking lot it gets all out of whack and surges all over the place until i reset the adaptives. Ive also noticed hot starting it cranks for a while before it lights like 2-3 seconds. in the log im posting it shows a bit of the surge from r-n and d-n not the crazy wild stuff when it really acts up. Hopefully some GURU's on here can help me out. Specs on the build are in the signature. Gettin ready to go standalone just to be rid of these adaptives. Please take a look guys let me know what you think or hopefully know. everything ive done to this tune has been learned from this forum and the tuning school material. its by far the largest cam ive tuned in a Gen 3 Hemi it runs like a bad ass puttin 618HP to the tires on Torco 110 all motor. just wish to get rid of these nasty idle surges. any help is appreciated guys.
    H5 NC 426 22 large and small range idle.hplH5 NC 426 22 large and small range OCN.hpt
    6.1 based 426 stroker fully forged 11.5:1 compression.,Thitek CNC 6.1 Heads, RLD H5 Camshaft, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Hellcat cnc ported TB, FIC 725 cc/min injectors, Legmaker CAI, UPR catch can, BBE 3in exhaust, 3k stall converter , Paramount Nag1, 1K Hp driveshaft and axels, Wavetrac LSD. 400 shot laughing gas on progressive controller. Fore dual pumps with fc3 controller.

Tuner in Training
    One thing to try is increasing the values in the GS Torque Reduction table.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I’ll give it a shot and let you know how it does in a few hours
    6.1 based 426 stroker fully forged 11.5:1 compression.,Thitek CNC 6.1 Heads, RLD H5 Camshaft, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Hellcat cnc ported TB, FIC 725 cc/min injectors, Legmaker CAI, UPR catch can, BBE 3in exhaust, 3k stall converter , Paramount Nag1, 1K Hp driveshaft and axels, Wavetrac LSD. 400 shot laughing gas on progressive controller. Fore dual pumps with fc3 controller.

Tuner in Training
    No dice it actually made it worse pulling throttle putting it into gear made it almost die going into drive then made the car lurch forward as it tried to stay running.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone else running a choppy cam in a 426 that would share their tune file for reference. I’m thinking I’m missing something that may be obvious?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscward71 View Post
    No dice it actually made it worse pulling throttle putting it into gear made it almost die going into drive then made the car lurch forward as it tried to stay running.
    not trying to be flippant... but if the adjustment you did made it worse.... why not return it to the original values and then adjust it in the opposite direction to see what the affect of the opposite adjustment is?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscward71 View Post
    Ok been a while since I had to revise the tune on my car but here we go.
    car ran great in Hawaii moved to North Carolina still ran good. now the car has only made short trips its whole life no more than 10 miles at a time. i now drive this beast 19 miles on the highway to work. The adaptives are what i believe is messing with me. (as i can reset them and the problem goes away until after my next highway trip.)
    it will surge going from D or R to P/N also when putting it into gear it throttles up and has to steadily come back down. so when going from R to D leaving a parking lot it gets all out of whack and surges all over the place until i reset the adaptives. Ive also noticed hot starting it cranks for a while before it lights like 2-3 seconds. in the log im posting it shows a bit of the surge from r-n and d-n not the crazy wild stuff when it really acts up. Hopefully some GURU's on here can help me out. Specs on the build are in the signature. Gettin ready to go standalone just to be rid of these adaptives. Please take a look guys let me know what you think or hopefully know. everything ive done to this tune has been learned from this forum and the tuning school material. its by far the largest cam ive tuned in a Gen 3 Hemi it runs like a bad ass puttin 618HP to the tires on Torco 110 all motor. just wish to get rid of these nasty idle surges. any help is appreciated guys.
    H5 NC 426 22 large and small range idle.hplH5 NC 426 22 large and small range OCN.hpt
    6.1 15lbs boost cam.hpt6.1 base 426.hpt
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp