Thread: 2015 manual Challenger DTC U11BC

Advanced Tuner

2015 manual Challenger DTC U11BC

I have noticed that when I write a tune after using the latest beta release (not sure if it is related), I get a DTC U11BC (PCM lost communication from antilock module).
    after write.JPGu11bc.JPG
    I get no SEL but when I read for DTC it shows up after I write to the PCM. As I mentioned in another thread the new beta now makes my dash light up like an xmas tree and chime like crazy which I was told is perfectly normal. BTW I wanted to the update the thread but I see it is locked for some reason.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...a-improvements

Anyways, clearing the DTC with VCM scanner does not work, but if I pull fuse 31 the error goes away but then comes back if I write to the PCM. I don't recall having this issue before but I have seen similar DTCs for the fuel injectors (all of them were stated as being open loop with "permanent" in brackets) pop up when disabling ESP in torque management, which is enabled in my tune (it originally was tweaked by Arrington for the Magnuson kit they sold me).
    no DTC.JPGesp.JPG

I am going to try my stock tune tomorrow (on my home PC) to see if I can repeat the error with that tune. Anyone else seen this?

UPDATE: Loaded stock tune and same DTC shows up (along with baro low voltage which I was expecting). Also, pulling the fuse did not clear the code this time. I am guessing that since it is a "permanent" DTC it does not clear until the PCM sees a brake signal or pulses from the ABS tone ring (i.e. car must be in motion). What I think is happening is that HP tuner break the communication between antilock and PCM during writing which temporarily creates this DTC which eventually clear when the car is driven (going to test once car is off wheel cribs).
    Last edited by Homer; 05-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Just had this happen to me today after doing a read of my stock PCM file on my 18 Charger Scatpack.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BADA BING View Post
    Just had this happen to me today after doing a read of my stock PCM file on my 18 Charger Scatpack.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thank you.
    If you drive the car it goes away.