Thread: 2010 gmc 1500 5.3 turbo

Potential Tuner

2010 gmc 1500 5.3 turbo

Hey guys, new here. Ive been messing with my truck for awhile now. Truck is a 2010 gmc 5.3 with a 78mm turbo, DW 95lb injectors, circle d converter. flex fuel with stock pump. Truck was going great last year on stock injectors. This year after installing the injectors I fought the tune forever to get it right, turns out injector data was wrong, or just didn't work in my truck. Now the truck has a random timing dip dropping to -10 degrees causing truck to basically die while in boost. I'm no expert but have talked to a couple decent tuners and just haven't got to the bottom of it. Any help would be great. I have added the tune, and a data log
    Attached Files Attached Files

That injector data is still wrong if you are truly running 95lb/hr injectors.

I'm struggling to understand why you have the PE so delayed, like you don't even have it activate until you are like 5-6psi into boost and the engine is still in closed loop. Look at your fuel trims trying like mad to remove 25-30% worth of fuel because it's still in closed loop under boost. I have a strong feeling the incorrect injector data and the way you calibrated the tune with that is a leading cause to your issues.

You need to change the PE enable to something like 110kpa so it enter open loop/acceleration once you are in boost and you can properly tune the MAF/VVE better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That was a tuners idea to change injector data to that to try to rule that out. The PE problem I was having was whenever it would command PE the truck would run so rich it couldn't handle it. around 8 AFR and it would choke up the turbo.

Injector data is not something you fudge. If the DW sent you the data, that data needs to be applied to the tune.

If the tune was so rich that is bogged itself out then you have some serious issues with the airflow model still. PE is a set and forget thing. If you request 11.0 AFR in PE you must make that match the actual. So if the tune was so rich down into the 8's you have to pull fuel from the MAF and VVE tables to lean it out.

Using your wideband with a lambda error or AFR error is the best course of action to get everything fixed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    You think the random -10* of timing would be related to that though? I'm sure the maf could use some scaling. The tune is not remotely done but I cant even do a full pull to see what everything reads because of timing issue. Ive been messing with this truck since march and I'm about to start over with a stock tune because its one thing after another. Have had a couple people work on this so I don't know if something got messed up and I'm chasing my tail.

Potential Tuner
    Should I pull fuel from the tune until its 14.7 (roughly) then have PE come in as soon as it goes into boost (1psi) and try to keep it 11.2 all the way through? Ive been trying to get it gradually to 11.2 within first couple psi