Thread: Idle desired rpm random lowering

Idle desired rpm random lowering

Hi i?m tuning a 1999 firebird with Gen 3 PCM and having problems tuning the idle, but i found out why, desired rpms drops down to very strange numbers like 187rpms , 258rpms 457rpms , but sometimes back to normal., i can?t find out why the pcm is comanding this...
    but if i set the rpms in the scanner while logging it sets and stays, and offcourse idles.

attached is the file

thanks Baering
    HP Tuner Iceland
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Baezi z06; 05-22-2018 at 09:11 AM.

here is a log whatch idle desired RPM
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're in luck, I've had this happen before.
    The way that you set up the trans is incorrect. Either you have incorrect data, a bad segment swap, or the wrong PRNDL setting. But the problem is from the trans settings.

-Mike
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    This is an interesting response.

Can you say what the PRNDL setting should be? Stock? Or some changed value based on build?

Quote Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A View Post
    This is an interesting response.

Can you say what the PRNDL setting should be? Stock? Or some changed value based on build?
    I dont recall, it happebed to me on a LS 24x cable throttle with a 4L80 swap. It was some wierd combination of when you set the transmission box to 4L80 without a the correct segment swap and dont update the PRNDL value. I ended up starting over with a non swapped file and worked at it until I found a combination the both shifted and idled, but it was some time ago. It was very frustrating, but it ended up being something in the trans side that caused the idle problem.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480