Thread: Challenger Launch Control

Challenger Launch Control

Does anyone know of a way to add launch control, or a form of it to the 2013 Challenger ECU's? I see the newer Ones have it built in the ECU and it can be enabled/disabled. I need some form or launch control even if it is always there in 1st at a stand still. I also wondered if I have a tune for a newer Challenger with the launch control if that could be written to mine and work, meaning 2015 SRT ECU tune (excluding the trans).

anyone? I know its a odd question but I need launch control and would rather keep it in the ECU over external components.

Senior Tuner
    thought all 13's had it already. This an srt, rt?

tap traction control once, then once again, should say "Launch Control" in the center dash.

Advanced Tuner
    On an RT, unless you have the STP option (which comes with Performance Pages) you are not going to get launch control. From my understanding it is the radio unit that controls all those options.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/6754618-post2.html

Its an RT, no launch control in there. I was hoping to add a trans brake but I don't think that its in it, but If I can get something that will hold RPM at launch and not do a burnout, similar to 2-step launch, then that will work. I know its Auto...its hard but I try to launch and it either blows the tires apart or bogs down when my methanol hits shortly after letting off.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AVMPerformance View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to add launch control, or a form of it to the 2013 Challenger ECU's? I see the newer Ones have it built in the ECU and it can be enabled/disabled. I need some form or launch control even if it is always there in 1st at a stand still. I also wondered if I have a tune for a newer Challenger with the launch control if that could be written to mine and work, meaning 2015 SRT ECU tune (excluding the trans).
    I figured out how to get launch control on my 2015 RT+ manual that did not come equipped with it. Check here.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...-trans.678125/