Thread: Perform write entire

Potential Tuner

Perform write entire

Hi Guys , I have a BA XR8 Auto with a very poorly modified file.
    There are literally hundreds of parameters changed and the vehicle runs very poorly and has erratic trans shifts.
    I am considering writing in a complete replacement file from a stock calibration read from the same year model.
    Just not sure how I go about this and how many credits this may consume.
    Would I be better to just get another PCM and licence that and then tune from there.
    Any thoughts please.
    Ashley.

Advanced Tuner
    you can just do a compare and it should fix up most if not all issues

Is that you Ash from Adelaide Z cars ?

If you need anything just shout out mate I’ll give you a hand
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    open the stock file in compare against the current one.

manually copy across each table that has been modified. it takes a bit of time but every time I've used the "copy over all differences" option its never correct. it misses things and populates wrong areas and makes tuning a potential nightmare.

write that, read it back out and edit as you please. if it has a sniper or SCT box I always "return vehicle to stock" before reading/writing and editing with HP.MATT STOCK.hptstock.hptstock.hptstock.hptBPT blower tune (2).hpt

Potential Tuner
    Hi Lukearmstrong1990 , I ended up with another Virgin ECU and have started from there.
    However I am having some difficulty with this vehicle due to a poor cam choice and poor headers that leak causing False O2 sensor readings.
    The Engine and vehicle was put together by another workshop that the owner has lost confidence in.
    Please note that this is a track car and lots of things are missing from the original system.
    I would like to turn off the O2 feedback, however I have not been able to do this as whatever I do the ECU is still running closed loop. Any thoughts on this please.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive never tried to do that.

at a guess open loop TPS thresh to 0%
    max close loop enable temp and delay
    select 0 o2 sensors fitted.

I have no idea if that will actually work.

cammed falcons are a nightmare. super crude starting point. I usually ask for 900-1000rpm idle. add 10-15% idle airflow. set the base fuel table how I want. richen up the cold fuel base table to like 0.85.

then I grab the speed density tables and remove 15% of fuel down and add 10% from 3500rpm up.

that's super rough but usually works as a start point

Potential Tuner
    Hi Thanks , yes a PIA.
    I tried turning o2 sensor to 0 from 2 and the vehicle would not start????WTF.

I turned them back on and it starts again.
    I tried turning the control for closed loop control where it states do not go into closed loop until calculated sensor temp is above "1093.33 Deg C"( Standard value) , I turned this up to 10,000 deg c and no change , it still goes into closed loop after start up as per normal.
    The only thing I have not tries is open loop TPS Threshold to 0%.
    I will try this next.
    Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm of the opinion the HPT especially in a BA falcon are missing multiple background tables for commanding full open loop. I reckon the couple of tables we have are over ruled by background tables we cant even see.

post the combo and your current file. ill see if I have something close I can give you to reference.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah the non starting issue when o2s are disabled is a good one lol I tried to get around that for a solid day or two a while ago, never made any sense to me.
    I found editing the tps threshold works fine though.