Thread: MPVI Credit Question

MPVI Credit Question

I have only used my MPVI (v1) for GM vehicles. I love tuning LSx engines.

I have a '14 Ford Explorer and see it is on the supported vehicle list and would like to give it a little more "umph".

In order to use for Ford, do I just need to buy Ford credits to work? I wasn't sure if there is a separate module that I will need for Ford, or if its just license credits and that's it.
    ------------------------------
    Current Vehicles I own

2022 Ford Explorer ST 3.0TT/A10
    • UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • aFe Dual CAI(wet filters)
    • AWR Racing Rear Diff Mount
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2016 C7 3LT Stingray LT1/A8
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56
    SOLD: 2014 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5NA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    assuming its a supported application(I didn't look) do a read entire & as long as it doesn't give an error simply license using ford credits & tune away.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Awesome, thank you Bill! I did just hook it up and scanner and VCM editor did show it correct and a full read .

I was not sure because on the package when I bought my scanner years ago said "GM Version" and was wondering if there was different hardware for Ford. I was thinking it was GM Version that it came with the GM credits, where a "Ford Version" would come with Ford credits, just wasn't 100% sure. Glad to see it's just credits to unlock the Ford potential!
    Last edited by mharris1984; 05-22-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    ------------------------------
    Current Vehicles I own

2022 Ford Explorer ST 3.0TT/A10
    • UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • aFe Dual CAI(wet filters)
    • AWR Racing Rear Diff Mount
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2016 C7 3LT Stingray LT1/A8
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56
    SOLD: 2014 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5NA

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris1984 View Post
    Awesome, thank you Bill! I did just hook it up and scanner and VCM editor did show it correct and a full read .

I was not sure because on the package when I bought my scanner years ago said "GM Version" and was wondering if there was different hardware for Ford. I was thinking it was GM Version that it came with the GM credits, where a "Ford Version" would come with Ford credits, just wasn't 100% sure. Glad to see it's just credits to unlock the Ford potential!
    Yep exactly, just the type of preloaded credits when purchased! Now with the MPVI2, universal credits and don't have to worry about it anymore.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to hijack but I have a credit question also. I have the MPVI2, I done a DOD delete on a 2012 GMC Sierra and it had a FSCM(Fuel System Control Module) and aside from the normal 2 credits it takes to write the vehicle I had to purchase a separate credit for the FSCM in order to write the vehicle even though I skipped the write process on the FSCM. I looked at the supported vehicle list and it only shows it taking 2 credits for the truck. My question is do you have to purchase that credit for the FSCM or is there a way just to do the 2 credits?

Quote Originally Posted by DustinMc View Post
    Sorry to hijack but I have a credit question also. I have the MPVI2, I done a DOD delete on a 2012 GMC Sierra and it had a FSCM(Fuel System Control Module) and aside from the normal 2 credits it takes to write the vehicle I had to purchase a separate credit for the FSCM in order to write the vehicle even though I skipped the write process on the FSCM. I looked at the supported vehicle list and it only shows it taking 2 credits for the truck. My question is do you have to purchase that credit for the FSCM or is there a way just to do the 2 credits?
    When you go to read the vehicle, select GATHER INFO and set the FSCM to "do not read", the read the file and use it. When you go to reflash with this file, it will not ask for the FSCM license....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    When you go to read the vehicle, select GATHER INFO and set the FSCM to "do not read", the read the file and use it. When you go to reflash with this file, it will not ask for the FSCM license....

Ed M
    Thank you! I definitely don’t want to be buying credits that I don?t need.