Thread: no tune repository access

Advanced Tuner

no tune repository access

whats everyone's thoughts on the repository being removed from the new site with no current eta on when it can be expected to return?
    anyone know something i don't as to why it wasn't included?

Advanced Tuner

????????

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    whats everyone's thoughts on the repository being removed from the new site with no current eta on when it can be expected to return?
    anyone know something i don't as to why it wasn't included?
    As this is a very important facility it would be interesting to hear from HPT as to why it has been removed. This is disappointing as it removes a facility which was contributed by forum members for forum members on the basis of sharing which supports the viability of their tuning tool.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    i kinda feel it hits us much harder than the us guys cause there is so few files uploaded to the forum.
    been doing my head in that they haven't even addressed the why it was actually removed.
    it's fuckin poor form to not tell us it was happening and that they have no idea when they plan to think about a date it will be added.

the solution i've seen them telling people is to email support for calibration files, which again to me is poor form, especially with the time zone differences, we could be waiting a day or two for a reply and thats not for database of modified tunes, which to me is the more important part for people.

Tuner in Training
    My oath it's poor form. We weren't given any indication (that I am aware of anyway) that the website or backend was going to be changed let alone the fact the repository would be mia.

Maybe an automated email a while back to everyone would have been helpful.

Advanced Tuner
    i think a sticky topic in each sub forum would have been enough, i rarely ever check the product info or editor etc pages on here as i have no need, only when theres a pretty broad issue.

Advanced Tuner
    i normally dont hold any of the issues against hp but this reply is a bit of a cop out in my opinion...
    if it didnt make the cut cause you can only do so much with the staff you have...delay it. the old site worked fine and as far as i can tell the new site has no new features that were critical to the release of the new hardware - on the other hand, the repository is pretty critical to the existing and new hardware for the existing customers as well as potential customers.

thefk.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    good to see they deleted my post when i brought up that they put non critical 'fixed' to the new site layout above keeping the tune repository in priority in order not to confuse people...
    fkn shitshow they've turned this update in to.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not so much removed as it simply didn't make the cut for the new website. Its in our web design teams work in queue as a high priority.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"