Thread: pulling timing don't know why

Tuner

pulling timing don't know why

I was doing a little testing the first little pull it looks like it pulls 2 degrees and the same in the second little pull. I can't find where it is pulling it. Any advice you could give would be great. I know the tune needs work but still learning. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't see that you are logging knock retard. Maybe it just doesn't show up on my chart? What does your wideband show at wot?
    It's not the IAT spark table because that table is all zero. Your ECT spark at 190 degrees is zero so it is not that.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Might want to get your airflow stuff figured out before you start messing with timing too much.

The log shows alot of trim. No knk retard is logged. Do you have the wideband working properly?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kaik View Post
    Might want to get your airflow stuff figured out before you start messing with timing too much.

The log shows alot of trim. No knk retard is logged. Do you have the wideband working properly?
    yea no knk sensors in motor the wide band is not working properly so I just read the one in the car thanks not sure how to translate data from fuel trim logs to real life still learning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    I don't see that you are logging knock retard. Maybe it just doesn't show up on my chart? What does your wideband show at wot?
    It's not the IAT spark table because that table is all zero. Your ECT spark at 190 degrees is zero so it is not that.
    right now mid 11s at wot no knock sensors in the motor

Advanced Tuner
    set burst knock enable values to 8 instead of 0

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lsgto View Post
    yea no knk sensors in motor the wide band is not working properly so I just read the one in the car thanks not sure how to translate data from fuel trim logs to real life still learning
    Becareful...that's a good way of blowing stuff up.