Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android or Ipad/phone app of VCM suite

Potential Tuner

Android or Ipad/phone app of VCM suite

Any future plans to do a mobile version of the VCM suite? Would be nice to use a tablet to tune on the fly without having to pick up a bulky laptop. I would be very interested in this. Makes tuning more versatile. Since the new MPVI2 is coming with bluetooth would be an easy connect.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    For at least flashing yes, but no eta.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Playing with my tunes in bed will be a reality finally lol

Tuner
    I just bought an RCA Cambio tablet that seems to work great. It only has one USB port but is perfect for scanning and flashing the tunes so far.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Bill.. is the software touch compatible? Like on a Microsoft Surface? When running just as a normal .exe program and not an App I would assume it would be just like using your mouse.. ??

Potential Tuner
    Hi Bill - any updates on when this may be available?

Potential Tuner
    If the MPVI2 BT is Apple MFI certified, it will be compatible with Apple IOS devices. At least it would work as a OBD scanner with 3rd party apps. This will take time and resources, but I hope it can be entertained. Would be nice to use it with iPad Pro for basic logging using preset templates or flashing, too. I wonder if there is polling rate limitations for IOS. I have used the MPVI Pro with Apple MacBook Pro(Bootcamp Win 7), Surface Pro, and Dell XPS without major issues. Most tablet(touchscreen) based apps for advanced system configuration software are very basic due to limitations of a touchscreen GUI. All these non-PC laptop devices can be very proprietary and difficult to support without a lot of resources.

Any eta yet? Would be nice to be able to whip out my phone and make small changes
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Potential Tuner
    I design IPAD/IPHONE & Android applications with Bluetooth communications. IPAD can communicate over bluetooth with GATT services, but it's kind of slow so I'm not sure how well it will work when recording data logging. Android can communicate over bluetooth and serial services quite faster. It is very costly to get the Apple MFI licence.

I think it would work way better using WIFI communications. A WIFI module could be added to the expansion module to accelerate data communications between the MPVI2 and IPAD/Android tablets.

I just checked HPTuners job postings and they are looking for an Android / IOS developer. So it's a matter of time before we see all of this on tablets!

And I agree with freshvette, it's way easier to use a tablet than a laptop. With the tablet, the tunes could be automatically saved to iCloud or Google Drive!!!!

Too bad I live outside the USA, because I would love to work on this project!

Whatever happened with this? as of today Track Addict still doesn't work with bluetooth so I can't really use it too effectively.

Lol, maybe in 10 years. They seem to be behind everyone by about 15 years. That?s why everyone is switching over to the holley systems because hp tuners doesn?t care to be current. I tried and tried to get them to simply add a boost timing table to the ecm that I?m running but they can?t/won?t do it but efi live has it. Whatever.

It is a shame there are no mobile options available that are functional with the MPVI2 with regards to tuning. I would be happy with an Android version over USB C.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe MPVI2 standalone logging with trackaddict is in testing right now-- to include most/all params available in VCM scanner. I haven't seen or heard anything about flashing though.

Yea I know. Ive just learned to live with buying a tuning setup that gets left in the dust by everything else on the market. That?s my fault for not researching correctly. At least I?ve made my money back on it tuning easy stuff.

I mean it is 2020, a strange year indeed! Ill say that again, its 2020. Android and iOS have been around for a long time.
    I thought they hired an Android/iOS programmer a while ago....

Potential Tuner
    It is February 2021 and no Android HP Tuners. I guess LS Droid is out.

It definitely would be nice if there was an Android version of the tuning software. I just purchased a decent tablet that can support multiple apps including Track Addict. It would be nice to pull out my tablet to tune my car quick Vs carrying a PC laptop with me....

I have a Microsoft Surface Go 2 that I put in a RAM Tab lite HD holder mounted to my dash, I can data log and do all my tuning with it anywhere I want. Works great, nice solid set up.

Tuner in Training
    You can flash but cannot edit yet on Android. Look up the TDN app in the play store.

Quote Originally Posted by kylew1019 View Post
    You can flash but cannot edit yet on Android. Look up the TDN app in the play store.
    Can this be used with an mpvi or mpvi2? I assumed it was only for the RTD version?