Thread: 2016 Explorer 3.5 Tune?

Potential Tuner

2016 Explorer 3.5 Tune?

I have had my Camaro tuned several times with my Hptuner and now have a 16 Explorer 3.5 that I would like to get a tune for. Are there ready to go tunes for it or do I need to hire someone to remote tune it? I did some googling and I can find tunes but not for HPTuner. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

There are no ready to go tunes with HP Tuners, everything is done yourself. So you have to know what you are doing in the first place.

Someone here may have a service you can pay for to get it tuned but the likely hood of anyone just giving away stuff for free is slim.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

This is what I had put together for myself by following metroplex's tuning guides. I do not recommend trying to flash this to your explorer, and can not be held liable for any damage that occurs to your vehicle. Read the guide, understand whats being changed, and use this tune as a reference. It worked for me, but I'm just a hobbiest tuner. I don't have much free time to spend "perfecting" my tunes, or extracting every last ft/lb of torque.

2016_Explorer_Sport_Latest.hpt
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctane View Post
    I have had my Camaro tuned several times with my Hptuner and now have a 16 Explorer 3.5 that I would like to get a tune for. Are there ready to go tunes for it or do I need to hire someone to remote tune it? I did some googling and I can find tunes but not for HPTuner. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you asking about the Explorer Sport or the naturally aspirated Explorer 3.5? If it is the N/A 3.5, I'm still working with HPTuners to get more parameters unlocked. VCM Scanner is missing a bunch of PIDs that are needed to monitor the tuning process. It is a Flex Fuel engine, yet the Flex Fuel logic is missing from the tune as are the bulk of the transmission settings. I don't think the demand is high enough on the N/A Explorers so they didn't bother to define a lot of the parameters. The Explorer N/A also uses the 6F55 so it's nothing new or exotic. But I have noticed the 6F55 in the Fusion Sport behaves very differently from the 6F55 in the Taurus/Explorer. It's as if Ford made the 6F55 really crappy for the Fusion Sport.

My 2018 Explorer XLT is TC-1791, which is used by F-series or Mustangs, while EcoBoost is generally TC-1797. They should already know their way around these ECUs, so it is a matter of just defining the parameters.

The latest beta unlocked a bunch of stuff on my 2018 Explorer, not sure if 2016-2017 were included. I think there are still a few items missing, so I sent some feedback back to Eric.