Thread: Tq reduction and oscillation control at wot?!?

Advanced Tuner

Tq reduction and oscillation control at wot?!?

2016 GT track pack
    DW1000's
    vortech V3
    tq booster at 10 psi
    gt350 mani

Wont go into boost (only hits 5 psi every now and the) and wont go into OP enrichment. whats going on with tq based decel and oscillation control at wot?

tune and log attached.IDinj&limiterdis&maffff&tpde&spkk&mxmppstbp.hpt18-05-25 13-41-26.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Update: got it to go to DD but it's still staying in CL at WOT, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    Update: got it to go to DD but it's still staying in CL at WOT, any ideas?

Just ran into this myself. What'd you do to improve it?

Edit: read to disable Switch shuffle to disable oscillation tq reduction
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 05-25-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I already disabled shuffle, thats how I got around oscillating control. So far so good just not able to go into OL still

Tuner
    I compared your tune to my tune that I use in a TT car, and seems to work pretty well without issue for me:
    1. Increase the cylair multipliers, closer to max value
    2. Doesn't look like you've changed any of the speed density load tables to reflect a boosted scenario
    3. Set shuffle switch to disabled
    4. Not sure if this does anything, but enable OP in the mapped points configuration
    5. Might need to extend the torque and inverse tables for additional load, not sure, but mine go to 2.0 (do this last, not sure it will help)
    6. Put CLIP/ADD Max torque back to stock or close to stock
    7. Make Max Torque 1 and 2 something around 800 or 812, not the max you have
    8. Disable transmission gearbox limit

I don't know if any of these will help, but they are the main differences I noticed compared to my tune which works pretty well. There are other differences, but they are in the spark and torque tables, not sure what difference it makes

Advanced Tuner
    I fixed just about everything since yesterday, just still won't go into OL, haven't touched SD and prolly won't till I get this sorted. I fixed tq and DD so it's much better and building decent boost. The newer cars don't seem to use OP from everything I've seen but I'll give it a shot. And I'm gonna hold off on blowthru logic as well. Just to see if it made I difference I disabled SD one time and it ran 110% worse so I turned it back on. I'll try the trans gear box limit as well. Like I sdid I'm holding off on alot till I get it to go into OL

Tuning Addict
    A lot of Ford's fueling is controlled via the SD tables whether we know it or not. Not sure if it will help you, but I had one leaning out up top in OL because the calculator was zeroing out some values. 3d tables looked great, but caused problems. Try copying some rousch or Whipple tables over. I don't have any way of looking the tune over right now but just something to try.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    A lot of Ford's fueling is controlled via the SD tables whether we know it or not. Not sure if it will help you, but I had one leaning out up top in OL because the calculator was zeroing out some values. 3d tables looked great, but caused problems. Try copying some rousch or Whipple tables over. I don't have any way of looking the tune over right now but just something to try.
    I see what you mean but thats not the problem, the problem is it wont even go into OL at all. Any suggestions on how to get it into OL?

Tuning Addict
    Under airflow variable cam - optimal power enrichment requirement - enabling this should keep the cams out of PE position requirement to enter PE "I think"

And then manual control under fuel open loop base?

I was also thinking that there were a couple of other tables that were OL specific, but didn't see them jumping out at me going through the tune...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Under airflow variable cam - optimal power enrichment requirement - enabling this should keep the cams out of PE position requirement to enter PE "I think"

And then manual control under fuel open loop base?

I was also thinking that there were a couple of other tables that were OL specific, but didn't see them jumping out at me going through the tune...
    so what do you suggest? ive tried re setting everything back to where the stock tune was and nothing changed.

Tuning Addict
    Manual control - lambda target to .8 and set variable cam OP enrichment requirement to enable? Again, I don't know if this will fix your issue, but wondering if your issue isn't something to do with the variable cams keeping it out of OP???
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Ill give that a shot on monday, on the log i have it using 100% op now, just still not gettting the fuel. Ill try the manual override though.

Tuner in Training
    Renormalize and populate your torque tables. Manual Control Lambda set to your target fuel. Fuel Cyl Cutoff at 1.0 load set to your target fuel. Raise your Fail Maf RPM. Get rid of Clutch Protection. Most importantly, fix your maf curve as it's requesting for more fuel. Good luck.

Edit - It wouldn't be a bad idea to log Fuel Source next time.
    Last edited by Ortiz; 06-03-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What does OL Stand for? Open loop?