Thread: DFCO and Faster engine decel?

DFCO and Faster engine decel?

Would like to increase the speed of my 2006 Z06 winding down, and looking at a number of parameters to do this. What about raising the DFCO way up? I mean, why pump gas into a decelerating engine anyway? Basic thoughts. Though it may seem naive, these are basic questions. Has anyone tried this, or is it a really bad idea to do so? Thanks

See the Word file for some DFCO settings.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Very handy. I have a different version, dont know if its the version of the car or the program, my parameters all excepting one are different. But I see I need to decrease the target not increase it. Duh. The goal is to get engine speed to decrease rapidly, like when it starts up, vs taking foot off accel, when it is very slow to go down. Thanks again.

Take a look at Base Running airflow at the RPM in question...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp
    Would like to increase the speed of my 2006 Z06 winding down, and looking at a number of parameters to do this. What about raising the DFCO way up? I mean, why pump gas into a decelerating engine anyway? Basic thoughts. Though it may seem naive, these are basic questions. Has anyone tried this, or is it a really bad idea to do so? Thanks
    This is a big complaint with many Z owners. I noticed it myself in my car but with the mufflers on full open it sounds good!