Thread: 2008 G8 fuel pressure issues

Tuner in Training

2008 G8 fuel pressure issues

I installed a zl1 pump with the vaproworx mexhnical kit and the new fpr. Now when i go wot the pressure gets to 10psi at about 5300 rpms. I added a kenne bell bap to the sustem and it helped the fuel not drop as quick but still gets there. Any idea where to go from here? Mods are - cam, headers, lsa on 8 lbs and on 91

Tuner in Training
    I have about the same setup and the same problem. Aeromotive 325 pump in stock basket. The boost a pump should be helping with the pressure fall off. It?s not uncommon to lose a little pressure but 10 is boarder line

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i dont know what is happening.... it leans out bad.

so are you loosing 10 psi or is it dropping to psi?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah my G8 with LSA fuel pressure drops in boost and is worse at redline. I have a AEM 320 and will be upgrading it to ctsv dual pump with vaporworx

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Swayc09 View Post
    I installed a zl1 pump with the vaproworx mexhnical kit and the new fpr. Now when i go wot the pressure gets to 10psi at about 5300 rpms. I added a kenne bell bap to the sustem and it helped the fuel not drop as quick but still gets there. Any idea where to go from here? Mods are - cam, headers, lsa on 8 lbs and on 91
    had a friend fit one these different fpr on the pump, his would still drop pressure even with the bap on a n/a motor of all things. put a stock reg back on the pump. problem solved, so i got no idea what shit they were selling as part of that kit.