Thread: 03-05 OS Patch question

Potential Tuner

03-05 OS Patch question

Does the OS patch need to be applied for each specific file that I have or is it a one and done kind of thing? I have several files that I switch from on the regular and didn't want to get myself into a bind by not doing or doing something that I should've.

My thought process was apply the OS patch to my stock (created) read, and flash. Then I could flash my other files that I have already saved....Or is my logic flawed?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by harliqu1n View Post
    Does the OS patch need to be applied for each specific file that I have or is it a one and done kind of thing? I have several files that I switch from on the regular and didn't want to get myself into a bind by not doing or doing something that I should've.

My thought process was apply the OS patch to my stock (created) read, and flash. Then I could flash my other files that I have already saved....Or is my logic flawed?
    If you base all your multiple different tunes off of the patched file, then you don't need to patch all the rest. But, if you're building tunes off of the original read/generated file, you would need to patch each file individually.

Basically, best practice would be to read/generate stock tune file, name it something like Stock_Tune_no_patch.hpt, then go into that file to the OS tab, apply code modification, follow the instructions of saving it under a new file name (name it something like Stock_Tune_patched.hpt), then base ALL of your various tune files on that patched stock base.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for answering this

Tuner in Training
    Quick question about the OS patch. Ive updated my software and noticed some changes in the program. With the current update (4.0) will i need to apply the OS patch to my tunes again or will they be fine from the previous version?

Thanks
    03 3500 CCSB SRW 4X4 4:10's
    4.5" lift, 35's, AFE stg1 pro dry, BD SuperB Special, BD Manifold, Stock inj, Arson CP3 kit, Airdog 100, Mild trans build, DiPricol Gauges, Good Lookin Bolt-Ons