Thread: Stumped on this setup, who can help me here? 06 DBC, 01 Alternator 03 Harness

01 alternator issues...

As the title states, I have a 2006 truck for a buddy, it has a 2001 Engine in it, none flex fuel, the harness is a 2003 harness but has been converted to DBC.. So I flashed the computer with a 2003 Express van 5.3 tune, because it is Drive By Cable... But in System - system options, I put a 0 for Alt L Term... Truck started awesome, drove perfect, ran perfect, no issues besides "NOT CHARGING" on the cluster, and the battery light was on... Did a load test, and the alternator WAS charging perfect, 13.7-14.2 Volts... So I then put a 1 for Alt L Term in the system options... Now truck will NOT start at all... Perfect pressure, no spark... then last night truck FINALLY started, reved it up to 4,000 rpms, it cut out 3 or 4 times, then kept running... Let throttle go, idles at 2,000 rpms... No check engine light, no voltage issues, shows charging good and everything... But wouldnt run at first and now stuck at 2k... Attached is the 2 tunes im stuck on...
    ANY Help would be awesome, thank you so much! Respond here or Text 337-501-3452
    2006 Truck body and cluster
    2003 harness and PCM
    2001 Engine and accessories DBC

Dan's runs great no charge tune.hpt
    Dan's stuck at 2k RPM no start tune.hpt
    Last edited by DiceDaLova; 05-30-2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Wrong title

Does anyone have any idea??? Or any advice? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I have the exact same problem, your truck is prob throwing a P1518. The charging system is different on the 03 ecu. You need to have it flashed to be an 06. Cost me a pile to finally get this mystery solved. Now I just need a copy of a 06 ecu to see what I need to have the settings changed to or buy a 06 ecu and start over.