Thread: I'm so confused about points.

Potential Tuner

I'm so confused about credits.

Ok I'm sorry to ask such remedial questions but I tried searching and couldn't find answers. So I have a few questions. First off I see there is a demo version of the VCM suite. But I can also download the VCM suite full version or Beta on the site. Whats the difference? Why would I download the demo if I can get the full version or the Beta?

Second question is a bit more involved. I am totally lost over the points licensing stuff. I have a friend who has VCM suite on an old laptop. The laptop was dropped and is now junk. Can I download the full or beta version from the site and install it and then use his cable and box to tune my car? I understand that will take points but how many? I need to tune a stock LS1 that was swapped into a C4 Corvette. Then when he gets a new laptop can he install VCM suite again and with his returned cable go back to tuning his car that he already spent points on?

I really appreciate any help.
    Last edited by phobos84; 05-31-2018 at 05:28 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    demo=full version=beta just different software build numbers.

Most vehicles use either 2 or 4 credits @49.99 per credit https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"