Thread: Shift pattern and throttle map 2017 5.3L Z71

Potential Tuner

Shift pattern and throttle map 2017 5.3L Z71

Mainly want to eliminate DOD, increase throttle response, and better shift points. I live in East Tennessee with lots of hills and it keeps shifting. I found out L5 has better shifts and prevents DOD, but gets the RPMs up over 70 mph. Where do I find the shift points for L5? Where are the shift patterns called out that are used in driving? I have attached the stock throttle maps and shift points.

Thanks, Allen

ps: One of my gripes is when your on a slight incline and just need to inch up a little, you push, push, and push the throttle and then it jumps. My old trucks didn't do that, you would think this smart truck could figure that out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Turning off the AFM/DoD is one simple change and doesn't require going into M5 or L5.

These trucks do have a brake hold feature for inclines, it will hold the brakes when you let off the pedal so it won't roll back.

The truck should still follow the normal shift tables even when put into manual mode like M5, it just won't upshift to 6th gear is all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.