Thread: Changing Display Object units (metric, imperial)

Potential Tuner

Changing Display Object units (metric, imperial)

Hi - my first post after buying this software today. Very impressed with it - I am a refugee from GoPro's undercooked and unstable software.

My usage is pretty simple - stitching together clips and overlaying GPS and speed data to add to the interest level.

My questions are :

1. Is it possible to represent Altitude in metres instead of feet ?

2. Lat and Long - can they be shown as degrees, mins and secs instead of decimal ?

3. Is is possible to add/create a compass object ? I have an IT background so I am happy to do that myself if there is a design tool - just would like to know whether its possible or not.

The video files in question are output from a GoPro Hero 6.

Thanks for any comment or assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by neiste View Post
    Hi - my first post after buying this software today. Very impressed with it - I am a refugee from GoPro's undercooked and unstable software.

My usage is pretty simple - stitching together clips and overlaying GPS and speed data to add to the interest level.

My questions are :

1. Is it possible to represent Altitude in metres instead of feet ?
    For Altitude units of measure, if you double-click on your display object to open its properties box on the right, you can then change the "Field" selection to "(Altitude)" or "(Altitude ft)" depending on what units you want... The first one should normally be metric. Speed units work a bit differently and will normally be automatically set for you, but those can also be changed by clicking on "Project Setup" and then changing "Preferred Speed Unit".

2. Lat and Long - can they be shown as degrees, mins and secs instead of decimal ?
    At the present time, we don't have an easy way to break out Lat/Lon into minutes and second, but it is possible to create such a display using the scripting capability of our Enhanced Display Objects.

3. Is is possible to add/create a compass object ? I have an IT background so I am happy to do that myself if there is a design tool - just would like to know whether its possible or not.
    Yes, there are a few options already included for compasses... First, click on the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, and then you can choose from the following:
    A) For a needle-based image, click on "Gauge", and then choose from "Compass" or "Compass - Dark". These styles are also much more easily customized than the other options below.
    B) For a rotating compass image, click on "E Image" (Embedded Image / Enhanced Image), and then choose "Compass - Aircraft". You can swap the image out if you like, by clicking on "Edit Background".
    C) For a horizontal "tape" style display, click on "Enhanced Display Object", then scroll down to find the "Tape Compass" option.