Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite v4.0 Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    It cannot.
    That presents itself as a huge logistics nightmare dealing with customers that continue to use the legacy units (and I am sure there will be alot) and also the reduced benifits associated with the new feature which allows us remote tuners to modify tunes for them without having to double license......Also means I will have to continue to run 3.6 as well as 4.0 but like the last release, the 4.0 has overwritten my 3.6.

You are saying, If I have this right, that I will not be able to modify/save customer tunes without a license if they are using the legacy MPVI.....that is very disappointing....As I have bought the new MPVI2 for just those reasons...Could you guys please address this as I do not think I am the only one and many will have the same feelings.

As you know I am not one to complain, and go overboard to help here but this situation requires a response and a request for help. Even if there is a "code" or something that can allow us to modify/save the 3.6 generated tunes when we buy the MPVI2.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I remember going from 2.x to 3.x we had to recreate just about everything in the scanner.

Is that going to be the case again? I'm gonna wait a few days/weeks to see what everyone is saying before upgrading.

Seems the backward file compatibility is going to be an issue too.. If I upgrade to 4.0, folks on the forum that are running 3.x will no longer be able to look at my files to try and help me. Hopefully this is just something that will eventually get worked out.

Advanced Tuner
    Can we do like we did with 2.24? Rename the HP Tuners folder in Program Files to "Hp Tuners 3.2" And THEN install 4.0.5? Or will that create a conflict? Or is 4.x REQUIRED with the MPVI2?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob8000 View Post
    I remember going from 2.x to 3.x we had to recreate just about everything in the scanner.

Is that going to be the case again? I'm gonna wait a few days/weeks to see what everyone is saying before upgrading.

Seems the backward file compatibility is going to be an issue too.. If I upgrade to 4.0, folks on the forum that are running 3.x will no longer be able to look at my files to try and help me. Hopefully this is just something that will eventually get worked out.
    Simple answer is for everyone to update their software to 4.x

Very little in the editor/scanner has changed other than the file formatting.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Or is 4.x REQUIRED with the MPVI2?
    Yes, 4.x is REQUIRED for MPVI2

Will have to have our customers update to 4.0.....it does work with the legacy MPVI and if they go to the newer platforms not supported by the legacy, then they will have to buy the MPVI2 and update to 4.X anyways.

That is the solution for my situation...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    If one is calibrating neither foreign platforms nor GM for MY19 and is using the oldskool MVPI Pro, is there any advantage to upgrading to v4.0?
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    If one is calibrating neither foreign platforms nor GM for MY19 and is using the oldskool MVPI Pro, is there any advantage to upgrading to v4.0?
    4.0 is basically 3.7 beta renamed to 4.0 with new platforms and MPVI2 added. For existing MPVI Pro or Std users there are various updates to parameters you can also sync/backup your licenses online in case of and issue. There is no big changes like 3.0 to scanner or editor, only those related to new online features for MPVI2 and new vehicle support.
    I count sheep in hex...

I'm bummed I can't use my trusty computer that still runs Windows XP, it works mint too for what I need it for.

My new laptop has windows 10 but I still like using my computer with XP.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Thanks Bill but I am more concerned whether a file updated with 4.0 can be opened by 3.6....

Ed M

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    It cannot.
    Is why I have 2.24, 3.7, and now 4.0.5 on all of my computers. Currently having problems scanning all channels with 405 and the last versions of 3.7 so I use earlier 3.7 for that, 405 for editing and reading, 4.0.5, 3.7, and 2.24 for opening all of the versions of files HPT throws at us. This same thing happened with 3.7 at some point, they did eventually add support to read the older versions tune files though, and when I got 4.0.5 I thought awesome, removed everything and installed just 4.0.5, then said opps.. problems once again. Remove ,and reinstall all versions. WHat I eventually noticed was 3.7 scanner got messed up in the later versions... 4.0.5 didnt break scanner for me, 3.7 did. But now 4.0.5 doesnt open older tunes... that's not good.

So right now I have two HPT shortcuts on my desktop.. 4.0.5 Editor, and 3.7 Scanner. Support is working on the problem with the scanner, they are really good at response time with problems though!

You know what I would really like, is a simple HPT version added to the logs, or at least RAW DATA export.

Then, would love at least the auto log files starting with the last few #'s of VIN, or some description you can add that will associate the VIN with an ID you can specify, like this Vin = "Bobs Camaro 2018 6-8 1150" - so it will add "Bobs Camaro" to the log filename with that ID automatically, then date/time, or other way around. Oh, and fix these little bugs, then it would be PERFECT software!

Right now I look in my log folder and it's just a hot mess of logs, no idea what is what.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-08-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Is why I have 2.24, 3.7, and now 4.0.5 on all of my computers. Currently having problems scanning all channels with 405 and the last versions of 3.7 so I use earlier 3.7 for that, 405 for editing and reading, 4.0.5, 3.7, and 2.24 for opening all of the versions of files HPT throws at us. This same thing happened with 3.7 at some point, they did eventually add support to read the older versions tune files though, and when I got 4.0.5 I thought awesome, removed everything and installed just 4.0.5, then said opps.. problems once again. Remove ,and reinstall all versions. WHat I eventually noticed was 3.7 scanner got messed up in the later versions... 4.0.5 didnt break scanner for me, 3.7 did. But now 4.0.5 doesnt open older tunes... that's not good.
    I also need 2.24 as there was support for the scanner to turn fuel pump output on/off that they dropped off from 3.0 i use this for testing looms we install. I just tested my older files in 4.05 and they all open, early bin files wont open for the ls1 stuff but that was dropped with 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Simple answer is for everyone to update their software to 4.x
    yeeaahhhhh... no.... not simple... especially when working with people that are PC illiterate and have a hard enough time sending an email, and don't even know how to attach a file to an email... nevermind asking them to update software, do this, do that, etc etc... not going to happen...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    yeeaahhhhh... no.... not simple... especially when working with people that are PC illiterate and have a hard enough time sending an email, and don't even know how to attach a file to an email... nevermind asking them to update software, do this, do that, etc etc... not going to happen...
    Isn't the first time we've changed the file format, likely won't be the last.

Potential Tuner
    For the Ford Torque Inverse Calculator. Where in the software can I find this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Under the edit menu in the vcm editor.

Advanced Tuner
    Isn't the first time we've changed the file format, likely won't be the last.
    Which format changed?

I haven't moved to 4.0.x yet. I'm still on 3.7.x and have been having trouble with scanner stability for at least several months now. I have to routinely restart the VCM Scanner app otherwise it only seems to poll intermittently or the graphs are drawn offset from the window.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The compression format in vcm editor. Has 0 to do with the scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    The compression format in vcm editor. Has 0 to do with the scanner.
    Cool, does this mean files open more quickly and/or smaller filesizes? Were there any known scanner quirks from 3.7 that were resolved with 4.0?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    Cool, does this mean files open more quickly and/or smaller filesizes? Were there any known scanner quirks from 3.7 that were resolved with 4.0?

Thanks
    4.0 is basically the newest 3.7 just renamed.

Tuner in Training
    Is there any plan to add 13-present Ram 2500/3500 Cummins support with the new MPVI2/interface? If not I really have no reason to upgrade and I really don't want to spend another couple hundred for no reason.