Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tricore Mercedes

  1. #1
    Senior Tuner Mep_q8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,530

    Tricore Mercedes

    Love the new supported vehicles! Can't wait to try HP Tuners on them, I've just invested in WinOLS but using HPT is alot faster and easier to customize!

    Just a quick question, will these vehicles have to be flashed via boot loader? Or, would it be possible via the OBD2, coz if so, BIG respect for breaking the protocol!!

    Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned & Consultation
    Tel: +44-7380989018
    Whatsapp: +965-55446651
    Email: sales@mideastperformance.com
    Instagram

  2. #2
    HPT Employee Engineer@HPT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    fecadefa
    Posts
    609
    These require a one time modification similar to FCA modules. After that, you can flash via OBD.

  3. #3
    Senior Tuner Mep_q8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Ah damn, so need to send them in to get the Tunerlock off?

    Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned & Consultation
    Tel: +44-7380989018
    Whatsapp: +965-55446651
    Email: sales@mideastperformance.com
    Instagram

  4. #4
    HPT Employee Engineer@HPT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    fecadefa
    Posts
    609
    Yes.

  5. #5
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    65
    PCM Modification ? or hpt file ?

  6. #6
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18
    Will we be able to mod these ecus ourselves to use with hpt?

  7. #7
    HPT Employee Engineer@HPT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    fecadefa
    Posts
    609
    Here is a sample file from a 2014 CLS63 AMG. You will need an MPVI2 in order to open it.
    At this time PCMs will need to be sent in to HPTuners for modification.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Here is a sample file from a 2014 CLS63 AMG. You will need an MPVI2 in order to open it.
    At this time PCMs will need to be sent in to HPTuners for modification.
    Wow even with Editor 4.0 it wont open, is this something new? We never had issues opening files in the past to just view them, now it wants a MPVI2 connected(even though I have been trying to upgrade the past 3 weeks with no success)

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7
    Once ECU is benched by you guys, Can the interface perform a read from the ECU or just ID the SW number to then download stock file from server?. Very curios because I would like to add my tune files for the M157 into VCM, but only works if read is enabled and not just writing capabilities to the ECU. Unless of course, you guys have a way to convert .bin/raw files into .hpt

  10. #10
    HPT Employee Engineer@HPT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    fecadefa
    Posts
    609
    Once modified, you can do a full, actual read.

  11. #11
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    25,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Wow even with Editor 4.0 it wont open, is this something new? We never had issues opening files in the past to just view them, now it wants a MPVI2 connected(even though I have been trying to upgrade the past 3 weeks with no success)
    They are only supported via mpvi2, mpvi1 users will not be able to read these vehicles nor open their files.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  12. #12
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4
    is there going to be an end user boot mode to read gpt and unlock obd or only sent in?

  13. #13
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
    is there going to be an end user boot mode to read gpt and unlock obd or only sent in?
    need a obd / bench unlock solution, otherwise my other hardware is better and cheaper, faster imho
    Last edited by nhoj_yelbom; 08-31-2018 at 06:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Here is a sample file from a 2014 CLS63 AMG. You will need an MPVI2 in order to open it.
    At this time PCMs will need to be sent in to HPTuners for modification.
    I just got my MPVI2, installed the latest VCM editor and tried to open the sample file

    I get an error saying the file is not supported after it fails to download definitions

    Am I doing something wrong?

  15. #15
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo View Post
    I just got my MPVI2, installed the latest VCM editor and tried to open the sample file

    I get an error saying the file is not supported after it fails to download definitions

    Am I doing something wrong?
    use beta vcm suite

  16. #16
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    Downloaded latest VCM suite beta and I am unable to open the sample file as well. Get a file not supported/ definition not loaded message. This is with MPVI2.