Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 pulled timing

Advanced Tuner
    The issue is fucking retarded apparently you have to wait around 20 minutes for the actual commanded timing goes back to actual . You have to drive around for approx 15 to 20 minutes. I will submit a ticket to hpt about this bug/issue. You can tell when the bug is gone by looking at the radio screen, the temp reports around 32F when it's hot as balls outside. Once the temp seems accurate the timing goes back to normal.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    The issue is fucking retarded apparently you have to wait around 20 minutes for the actual commanded timing goes back to actual . You have to drive around for approx 15 to 20 minutes. I will submit a ticket to hpt about this bug/issue. You can tell when the bug is gone by looking at the radio screen, the temp reports around 32F when it's hot as balls outside. Once the temp seems accurate the timing goes back to normal.
    Well that's awesome.

If adding more timing increases the final number then most likely its coming from a TM request as has been suggested here a few times. Trucks are much more aggressive in TM because of the higher drive train loads and abuse they can see. I would log TM spark and if its not at zero that a TM request is in action. Spark intervention is more dominant for TM control then throttle.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    Hey thanks for the feedback !

It wasn't TM, its just a bug on these 2015+ TRUCKS, you have to wait approximately 20 minutes and the timing will go back to normal. It seems to be a flash bug or a hidden table similar to the e38 camaros that had a rich flash issue, the inj temp table was the culprit.

they are set to a minimum of 10 percent alcohol mixture with a virtual sensor. Look at our alcohol adder tables. Theres your missing timing. After 20 minutes of driving the alcohol content is supposedly calculated and you have your 9 degrees of missing timing. back. Yes its stupid glitch with virtual sensor vehicles. the alcohol adder table is actually negative and it would explain the odd jump in large percentage in ltft as that is the approximate difference in full e85 fuel. you may have luck turning your virtual alcohol sensor off. it wont try to calculate the ethonal content in the truck. i would try this and maybe youll be one of the first to know. heck i could be wrong but its the only place that would cause both ltft changes and timing
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-17-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    That's not it. I even zeroed out the alcohol adder table. The alcohol content did not update. Its just a bug. I have verified with another local tuner. This is an issue with these trucks 2015+.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    That's not it. I even zeroed out the alcohol adder table. The alcohol content did not update. Its just a bug. I have verified with another local tuner. This is an issue with these trucks 2015+.
    I actually recall this happening on a truck that I was asked to just change tire sizes on. Wondering what it could be. Temp showed 32f and the auto climate controls were killing us till we figured out what was going on lol

Advanced Tuner
    Bug has been verified once AGAIN. The fix once again is to wait til the display reads the accurate ambient air temp. This is with another 2017 truck i had tuned 3 weeks ago. Since I added an excess of timing (29*)so it could throw 22*, the truck was now driving around with 29* at wot due to me not knowing about this bullshit but luckily I got a hold of him and commanded whatever timing i wanted then immediately drove it and the timing was off but 7* or so. Drove for 15 minutes and the timing went back up. There has to be a fix to this as the 2014s dont do it.

The temp sensor/calculation gets reset when you reflash, it has happened on 15's since 2014. I don't recall if my 2014 Stingray did it, I feel like it did though. Every C7 and GenV Camaro I have tuned have had to have the ignition cycled after flashing, etc. These are just quirks of the car, not an HPT bug, IMO.
    Whether a 2014 did it and a 2015 didn't is completely irrelevant. Code gets changed constantly, model years can be totally different.
    None of it is even a big deal.
    Use the filters in your scanner if you need to.

Advanced Tuner
    If this is so common why could nobody figure out the issue lol.

Even the tuner for redline thought it was something altogether.

There has to be a hidden table that hp has not defined. This is not a simple key cycling issue, you have to DRIVE the vehicle for 15 or so minutes. That's a huge waste of time on the dyno.
    Big issue for me. I have not had a single C7 or 6th gen camaro give me this issue.

Most of the trucks I tune are Gen5 trucks and I had this problem previously, but I got it figured out; just multiple spark modifiers you have to zero out.
    Even if the temp is 32f in the dash it will not retard timing.
    I will post them when am near the laptop.

Zero out the following tables:-
    (FYI I zero out some that you dont need to cause we have 0% ethanol and no e85)
    ECM 12678
    ECM 12715
    ECM 12634
    ECM 12635
    ECM 12716
    ECM 12717
    ECM 12684
    ECM 12713
    ECM 12718
    ECM 12661
    ECM 12663
    they are all under spark tab; under fuel, humidity, VCT and MBT corrections.
    After this modification you will get the exact timing from high octane table.
    Just after flash open the door and cycle the ignition then you are good to go.
    You can keep ethanol/alcohol tables working if you use e85.

I tried this in 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 trucks.
    It always work.

Well i can say this stinks as there seems to be no easy one table solution for this. IF ahmed is right one of those tables is like the zl1 rich issue after reflash. Only thing is it leaves the engine unprotected after a flash. With DOD especially and even more so with DOD and DI this can be dangerous for the engine. 9 Degrees of timing when the engine is not expecting it and only 6 degree Fule injection window on DI vehicles the two together is asking for a serious problem. Just cause you dont hear pining or knock doesn't mean you cant do damage. I hope someone finds a simple and safe solution. Zeroing out the tables is not really the right answer. Clearly there is some type of computer calculated estimate without an actual sensor that is causing the problem. Like was stated earlier the zl1 rich after reflash. I whish you best of luck I hope you find the correct table and dont have any issues.

I think it is the mbt correction alcohol table, it retards 9 degrees.

This issue has been there for 2015+ Trucks but i haven't seen them on 14s. All I have seen is as in the post above. After flashing the vehicle, drive the car for about 15 to 20 minutes and the timings come back up to normal. When i tune a customer's vehicle for an update i log the vehicle and make the corrections and then flash the vehicle so the timing is back up after 20 minutes of driving. Do you add extra advance to cope since after a few minutes the ECU will use that REAL TIMING VALUES AGAIN. I have seen them drop as much as 50% in timing.

I was having a lean issue after flash, then it would go pig rich, rougher idle with low timing, and have now been loading the tune program, starting the vehicle, turning it off, hooking up my actual scanner/programmer, clearing all the other codes that are triggered from the program load (alot on my 18 Camaro SS across multiple computers), then restarting the vehicle and it is perfect everytime. Its a process, but works without question. This way, I start it after clearing codes, I have my 15-17degrees of timing with smooth 575-585rpm idle, fuel trims are good, etc.

Try clearing everything with a scanner and see if that clears up the 20min drive time. 2min scanner should eleviate the 20min drive......

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedabri97 View Post
    Zero out the following tables:-
    (FYI I zero out some that you dont need to cause we have 0% ethanol and no e85)
    ECM 12678
    ECM 12715
    ECM 12634
    ECM 12635
    ECM 12716
    ECM 12717
    ECM 12684
    ECM 12713
    ECM 12718
    ECM 12661
    ECM 12663
    they are all under spark tab; under fuel, humidity, VCT and MBT corrections.
    After this modification you will get the exact timing from high octane table.
    Just after flash open the door and cycle the ignition then you are good to go.
    You can keep ethanol/alcohol tables working if you use e85.
    This has been the fix for me.

Potential Tuner
    I ran into this on a 15 Tahoe. Didn’t touch any modifiers and drove it until the outside temperature displayed correctly....timing came back as commanded. Actually TM ended up adding a few degrees on top of base. Also noticed that when in this mode the AFR commanded nose dives to 10:1. Once cleared it commands per the EQ table.

Maintaining a speed of 55 mph or higher for two minutes, after a flash, gets my 16 Silverado back to normal.