Thread: Multiple starts and ends

Potential Tuner

Multiple starts and ends

Is it possible to turn on TrackAddict and have it catch multiple starts and ends without having to reset it?

For example, I set up an autox track start and end. I turn on the program and hit the red button. I drive through the start, drive through the end, get back in line and go again. Should it create a seperate segment file for each run, or do I have to stop and start the recording each lap?

Presently, you would need to stop and start it between each run. I am aware of the usefulness of a "set it and forget it" type of mode for doing rapid successive autox or other runs, and that's something I would like to add at a point in the future...

In the meantime, the quickest way to accomplish this reset is to tap on the Setup tab (gear icon) or Preview tab (camera icon) to stop the recording after you complete a run, and then tap on the Record tab again when you are ready to start another run. This will keep the GPS, OBD, etc., active and connected the whole time, so that it's ready to go.

If you were to instead wait for it to auto-stop the session (happens once the vehicle is stopped for 15 seconds after crossing the finish line), or tap on the Sessions tab (folder icon), it will open the session for you to view, so that's another screen that you'd have to back out of. Going that deep into the app also powers down its sensor connections to save battery, so they'd have to reestablish before you'd want to start another recording (GPS is usually fast, but OBD could take a minute).

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I did the first autox with it this weekend. I was ending up waiting for it to time out so there was an extra screen to back out of. Thanks for the suggestion. Very cool what you can do with this free app. After a particular bad run it was cool to be able to compare it to my best run.

Thanks