Thread: Feature Request: Feet/Meters on Dashboard

Potential Tuner

Feature Request: Feet/Meters on Dashboard

Sorry if I've missed the proper protocol for making a request like this.

I have a particular use case where I have to record a certain amount of linear feet. It would be helpful if I could see linear feet on the recording dashboard.

I'll add the options for feet / meter distances to the dashboard data channels, as opposed to just miles / km... It will be in our very next app update v4.0.5 (no ETA just yet), but the catch is that this is a live display and wont change the app's recorded data or post-recording displays. If you want to view it after recording, our RaceRender software already offers these options... Just bring in your data file (WiFi transfer from TrackAddict is usually easiest), add a new "Text Data" display object, and set its "Field" selection to "(Distance into Lap ft)" or "(Distance ft)". The free version of RaceRender will work for viewing this.

I should point out that with these smaller units of measure, you may see more noticeable effects of any GPS or calculation errors, so this is where good GPS reception and a 10 Hz GPS unit can help. There is undoubtedly some margin of error to this GPS-based approach of measuring distance.

All of what we have is setup for measuring distance along the path traveled... When you say linear feet, are you referring to a straight line measurement from the start point to your current point? We can add that to the dashboard display too with similar ease, although there presently isn't any post-recording capability for that type of measurement.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    I'll add the options for feet / meter distances to the dashboard data channels, as opposed to just miles / km... It will be in our very next app update v4.0.5 (no ETA just yet), but the catch is that this is a live display and wont change the app's recorded data or post-recording displays. If you want to view it after recording, our RaceRender software already offers these options... Just bring in your data file (WiFi transfer from TrackAddict is usually easiest), add a new "Text Data" display object, and set its "Field" selection to "(Distance into Lap ft)" or "(Distance ft)". The free version of RaceRender will work for viewing this.

I should point out that with these smaller units of measure, you may see more noticeable effects of any GPS or calculation errors, so this is where good GPS reception and a 10 Hz GPS unit can help. There is undoubtedly some margin of error to this GPS-based approach of measuring distance.

All of what we have is setup for measuring distance along the path traveled... When you say linear feet, are you referring to a straight line measurement from the start point to your current point? We can add that to the dashboard display too with similar ease, although there presently isn't any post-recording capability for that type of measurement.
    Awesome! Display is fine. I used the app on one job so far. The first pass resulted in the display getting stuck at .12 miles at about 2000 feet. I checked the data, and that seemed fine. On the way back, the display seemed to keep up.

I don't need straight line if you are already accounting for path traveled in your data calculations.

I'll take a look at a 10Hz unit. So far, I think the readings from the app are pretty good.

Thanks!