Thread: p2112 throttle actuator stuck closed

Advanced Tuner

p2112 throttle actuator stuck closed

trying to help a buddy of mine he installed a cobra jet intake with stock gt500 throttle body and a airaif tune required cold air on his 16 mustang. the intake is not designed for that so he has a big silicone couple on it where it attaches to the throttle body. I gave him some settings from a proven cj combo from a friend of mine. he flashed it and said it had a hanging idle, had a few settings off so I showed him where he copied it wrong. he flashed again and sayd at wot car goes into limp mode and throws this code now. ill attach his tune, he still has the maf set as stock which I'm sure is part of his problem. any ifo?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    s550 need the TP style updated as well not just the TB model and effective ratio

Advanced Tuner
    I gave him the data from a friends tune that had a gt500 throttle body on his cobra jet on his 16 mustang so I would assume that part is correct.

Advanced Tuner
    He messed up once of the settings in the throttle body area. It runs fine now. He said just has no balls I told him running a tune required intake on stok maf settings isn’t good and surely not helping .

Advanced Tuner
    Could I use the steps on here to tune his maf? The log stft+ltft and get the maf period ? It runs fine and dives ok just says is very low on power. It’s still on stock spark settings btw.

Tuner in Training
    The tune posted above has a ton of room for improvements regarding power if that's the only thing lacking now. The airaid intake for the 15+ Mustangs have a molded insert tube that utilizes somewhat of a factory maf curve. Unless he removed it or has the version where the molded piece comes off, he shouldn't have to make much adjustments to get it dialed in. If he does have the molded insert still in place and his fuel trims are going crazy, he most likely has a vacuum leak. A log would certainly help.

Once you know with what you are working with, we'll be able to give you more insight on how to make more power and the engine respond much quicker. Last thing you want to do is have a vacuum leak and push more spark. Not saying this is the case, we just don't know the whole story behind your friends car.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I have to get a log from him definitely and see if that insert has been removed . It’s still on factory spark timing , I told him it would be a base to get it running. The op vct and ivo evc in the mapped points were on a car running 47lb injectors and E85 so I’m sure it has to be changed to get to run on a 93 tune correctly . I need to see what his fuel trims are. Does the vct look way off?

Tuner in Training
    Your vct should be looked at once all the issues have been addressed. It's a decent start but you'll have to put the car on the dyno or really try and replicate your runs and base it off of your calculated load and airflow to see any form of progress. I've done quite a bit of these set ups so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.