Thread: Support for hyundai/kia

Potential Tuner

Support for hyundai/kia

Any chance one there being support for hyundai and kia tuning in the future? I know their turbo cars would be an easy market to sell to, and the na stuff for some might be too. I know the scanner works on a 2011 sonata with the 2.4 na without much fuss, so maybe the editor could too?

I wouldn't get your hopes up BUT the fact that they cracked some tricore Mercedes does give me a new hope. I had tried to read my Gen coupe (BK2, 3.8 Turbo) awhile back and was working with HP support trying to see if we could get a read so they could look at it. We had no success. I could log it with their scanner tho which proved helpful but no luck on custom tuning. At the time BTR or SFR (yuck) were the only people in the Hyundai tuning game.

PCMFlash has an adapter that WILL read them via OBD2 now and there is 1 company that offers remote tuning for them if you buy the hardware. He will not give you his definition files tho to allow you to tune it yourself. Alphaspeed, if you want to get a remote tune for your Sonata.