Thread: Going Lean immediately into boost E40 PCM LSA

Potential Tuner

Going Lean immediately into boost E40 PCM LSA

I've got a problem here and I am not sure where else to look. I have installed the 2 bar OS and the car runs just fine all the way up to 105kPa. Anytime I cross that threshold into boost it immediately goes lean. I have tried adding fuel to the boost VE, increasing enrichment rate, and even messed around with timing to see if I could get it to deliver the fuel but nothing has helped so far. I believe there is just something simple that I am missing. Cannot get the car below 14:1 AFR once it goes into boost no matter what. Even running the MAF I get the same result. Ive attached the log and the tune. Keep in mind that the AFR it is reading is double what the wideband reads since I have not set it up for reading EQ Ratio instead yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2005 GTO M6
    Mods:
    LSA supercharger
    ID850s
    DW300c
    LS7 MAF
    BTR PDS Stage 3
    18-06-05 16-49-07--ForumUpload.hplLSA-Startup.3.8.hpt

just at a quick glance-you've got both your maf and your map disabled. maf fail first, frequency hi set to zero. and your map hi speed disable is set to 200. gotta at least pick one or the other. also your scaling for your injectors is a lot higher than it probably needs to be. I would think you'd want stoich closer to 20-21. you're over 29.

Yeah the injectors would need to be half of 81lb/hr if you were to keep the double stoich.

Assuming you are using 58psi and if that was the 850's are rated at.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The injector scaling I got directly from ID. By MAP disabled do you mean dynamic airflow is set to fail almost immediately? If so I'm gonna slap myself a few times.

you're failing map at 200 rpm, and maf at zero hz. if you're trying to run SD only leave the maf stuff alone, and set map fail to like 8000 and re enable to 7900.
    try this.....

LSA-Startup.3.8_NEW.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I have tuned VE with those settings before on an NA application with no issues. Could that be the culprit here?

if you had maf disabled and SD hi speed disable set to 200 you were not tuning, you were getting lucky. you've got to pick one, or both. you can't pick neither....

Advanced Tuner
    1/2 the IVT AFR terms from 7.92 to 3.96.

change the high RPM disable and re-enable RPM to 8192 under engine>airflow>dynamic

add 15% across the RPM in your boost VE from 140KPA up and smooth it so it ends up tapering up in value the greater the KPA axis but still follows your same RPM transition.

tune it SD. set your PE to 1.131 and leave your BE as is.

trial that. and see what data you come back with

Potential Tuner
    Well its not lean anymore. But changed the histogram and now none of the 2 bar configurations will read in the graphs. I've tried both the basic 2 bar and the GM 2 bar transform with no luck. The help guide is severely outdated and of no assistance.