Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Nissan GTR read

Advanced Tuner

Stock Nissan GTR read

Does anyone have a file for a Stock GTR using VCM Editor 4.0? If so could you post it for us

second that!
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Potential Tuner
    I can pull the file on one of our GTRs here if someone is willing to pay credits. Curious if the file will pull parameters from pre existing tune like other platforms or if it can only be pulled from a stock rom file.

its free to pull the file no credits needed

Potential Tuner
    Ahh Blonde moment. I bounce around between 10 different softwares daily. Give me a bit and ill try pulling a file from a flashed and unflashed car. Curious if transmission tuning will be available on these as well. We have extensive testing on this platform so we can work on development and help with support.

Potential Tuner
    Overnighted MPVI 2 to pull file. Old MPVI was unable to pull file on 09 gtrs and other Nissan models. Unsupported interface. Using the latest 4.0 editor. Will update the thread tomorrow with the stock gtr file if all goes well.

Tuner in Training
    I'm just trying to read any Nissan that comes thru right now, tried on a 2011 Murano and it wasn't able to identify the PCM, is there a list to reference to help with which hardware is in what car?
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the nissan list, You have to use the MPVI2 when you pull the files, the MPVI1 standard and Pro won't do them.

https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jn2; 06-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Just tried it on ours with a MVPI2 and it read it out but the definition failed to load. Sending it in to support.

Quote Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
    Just tried it on ours with a MVPI2 and it read it out but the definition failed to load. Sending it in to support.
    Please email us the file and we'll add support for it.

Potential Tuner
    Same result. Received MPVI-2 today. Pulled file but checksum validation failed. Unable to view stock rom file. Support ticket submitted.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@FastechMs View Post
    Same result. Received MPVI-2 today. Pulled file but checksum validation failed. Unable to view stock rom file. Support ticket submitted.
    I wonder if it is anything like the Fords where HPT maybe only defined the strategies they had on hand...hopefully they respond back to your tickets

Senior Tuner
    Just a guess but probably will map to definitions they already have they just have to expand the lookup tables for what definitions to map what kind of thing they use for an ID from a read as they discover new variants. So if GTR has 500 variations they have to map them to the appropriate definition file.

Funny thing you can do with some things like Cobb flashed Fords is open a tune you have and compare to the one you get Definition Failed to Load on. It will compare and show differences. They just don't know how to process the one written with a Cobb OS

Senior Tuner
    Well not that they don't know how to process it just that the system doesn't have it defined for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I wonder if it is anything like the Fords where HPT maybe only defined the strategies they had on hand...hopefully they respond back to your tickets
    Correct. We defined as many common operating systems as we could, but some slipped through the cracks. If you run into it, just like with Ford, send it in to [email protected] so we can work on getting it supported.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Advanced Tuner
    Was anyone able to get the file?

Here is an example file for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Potential Tuner
    do i need the mpvi2 interface to be able to view this or do i just need to update my currect vcm suite to the beta version?
    i realise i cant read or write to a gtr without the mpvi2 yet would like to look over the tune file

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Black View Post
    do i need the mpvi2 interface to be able to view this or do i just need to update my currect vcm suite to the beta version?
    i realise i cant read or write to a gtr without the mpvi2 yet would like to look over the tune file
    Second that be nice to see whats available, it appears you cant even view the file without owning the mpvi2

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 80gus View Post
    second that be nice to see whats available, it appears you cant even view the file without owning the mpvi2
    thisssss