Thread: GM/Dodge/Ford tuning differences

Advanced Tuner

GM/Dodge/Ford tuning differences

So I pulled the trigger on HP tuners and took a class too. I feel pretty confident in my GM tuning abilities. How much different is the Dodge and Ford stuff from GM. Is it something I'll need to take a class for or is everything straight forward enough as long as you know HP well enough.

Could I get by on tips or should I pay for another class? I was hoping to get comfortable with Gm and then start in on Dodge and then Ford as long as my head doesn't explode.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    dodge uses no maf

Ford is MAINLY maf based

They are all pretty different from one another. Dodge in particular IMHO.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. So if i wanted to start tuning Dodge vehicle I should take another class or is it just a matter of learning what sensors they use.

I'd really like to start in on Dodge since there really aren't a ton of Dodge based tuners around here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So if i wanted to start tuning Dodge vehicle I should take another class or is it just a matter of learning what sensors they use.

I'd really like to start in on Dodge since there really aren't a ton of Dodge based tuners around here.
    classes will definitely help imo, but this forum is also a great resource for free information as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    knowing the tune that you are trying to obtain & having the parameters available to which you will want to know ahead of time that will allow you to make those changes will likely gain you the best head start in tuning using what you just bought.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.