Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: MPVI2 Bluetooth

I thought I'd give this a try today. I just get a set up failed message over and over again. I was just hoping I could use this a quick check of codes on my phone. It seems to connect just fine on the bluetooth, but it stays on the syncing screen for a while before it gives up. I can see the MPVI2 device in my paired devices on my phone. Samsung S20. The TDN app doesn't seem to want to connect to it. I'm able to connect to the device with my laptop. It isn't of much use. Very little parameters pop up. It takes a while to connect to the car. I'm using the most current version of beta(updated today). The bluetooth would've been cool though. Butt I don't know what I would do with my hands if I didn't have to fumble with cords to connect to a car anyways.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2 and TDN are not compatible with one another. That might change in the future but for now you need to use VCM Scanner to scan your vehicle with your MPVI2.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I suppose I've misread the details on the TDN stuff. No big deal. I wouldn't actually trust it to flash over bluetooth anyways. I still hold my breath every time I press that write button. It would've been cool to read codes and erase codes via bluetooth to a phone. Just a convenient factor.

Tuner in Training
    im having the same issue . i have just upgraded my OG mpvi pro to mpvi2+ pro . my laptop wont even find it on bluetooth im very disapointed .............

As of 2 April 2022, the MVP2I+ still needs the beta to log in VCM Scanner over bluetooth.

Potential Tuner
    I can't even connect through the beta vcm suite... Any chance this gets fixed some time soon? Would be really nice to eliminate the cord going across legs while trying to datalog...

Potential Tuner
    Newest beta (.1199) fixed my issue. Bluetooth logging working now.

Potential Tuner
    How do I get the logs that I have created in Bluetooth mode over to my laptop? It looks like I need a tuner invite code but what if I want to send it to myself?

Potential Tuner
    Still seems to be an issue here. I purchased the latest and greatest HP Tuners (MPVI-2+)after all the positive reviews. I works fine when plugged in with the cord, but Blue Tooth will not connect. I have tried numerous approaches, it will show as "paired" but will not connect. Delete it, try again, still nothing. I am using the most recent updated drivers, and using the BETA Scanner (firmware updated like prev comment). From what I can tell the BETA Scanner does nothing to help with the BT connection as I can not get the connection in the first place. Using 2 year old laptop with Win 10 and it connects just fine with other BT items like headsets and speakers. What's up HP ? My OBDII port is wired in the engine bay as it was one less thing in the cockpit, and this thing was supposed to support BT connections, sure I can move the OBDII into the car so I can connect with a cord, but why should I have to do that? I paid for this and I expect it to work. Please advise if there is a "gotcha" that I am missing - thanks

Potential Tuner
    I too am in the same boat. I bought the MPVI2+ due to the bluetooth capabilities. I don't have a laptop nor do I want one. I have the unit in hand connected to my pc, it's paired, no error codes but it will not connect. I've opened a ticket and hoping there are some answers to this. After seeing everyone in the same boat I'm kind of wishing I went with a different tuning unit now.

Hoping there's a fix soon or they can offer up some advice.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150WS6 View Post
    I too am in the same boat. I bought the MPVI2+ due to the bluetooth capabilities. I don't have a laptop nor do I want one. I have the unit in hand connected to my pc, it's paired, no error codes but it will not connect. I've opened a ticket and hoping there are some answers to this. After seeing everyone in the same boat I'm kind of wishing I went with a different tuning unit now.

Hoping there's a fix soon or they can offer up some advice.
    yup...same here.. in this day and age...

Tuner in Training

bluetooth still not working

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Connecting via BT really couldn't be any more simple.

1. Plug the interface into your pc/laptop using the supplied c-usb cable
    2. On windows 10 click the search icon and type in settings or bluetooth to bring up your bluetooth settings window
    3. turn bluetooth to the on position
    4. Hold down the button marked BT for 5 sections to enter pairing mode
    5. select + Add Bluetooth or other device
    6. select HP Tuners MPVI2 in the pairing window
    7. done.

I've tested this on multiple pc's today and its worked flawlessly on each.
    Why is the c-usb cable required when doing bluetooth? If step 1 is omitted, should we expect bluetooth connection issues? For me, it will pair and go into 'connected' state. Then it quickly goes back into disconnected stats. The crazy thing is this was working fine on my Windows laptop a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed and now it doesn't connect. Granted, I haven't tried using the c-usb cable. It just seems unusual to require a c-usb cable for bluetooth. Bluetooth is intended to be used over wireless.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution but it won't be for a while. You should be able to use BT via our TDN and track addict apps using MPVI2+, just not available via PC/laptop currently.
    Has this been fixed yet? The usb port on my MPVI2 broke, tuned about 100 cars with it so far. Would like to continue using it. Otherwise, what's the process for getting licences transferred to a new device?