Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MPVI2 Bluetooth

MPVI2 Bluetooth

Ok so this isn't really a big deal right now but has anyone got the Bluetooth feature to work with their MPVi2? I have tried on 2 different laptops but it cannot find the Bluetooth signal on the interface.

as far as I have gotten it pairing it but it will not reconnect . I have tried both versions with no success I doubt the laptops are your problem. idk if it matters but I have the newest BT5 Bluetooth
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 06-06-2018 at 11:48 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    make sure to hold in the BT button on your interface for 5 seconds, this will start the pairing process.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    make sure to hold in the BT button on your interface for 5 seconds, this will start the pairing process.
    yes that will make it discoverable so you can pair it.

yes I have been holding the pairing button but nothing. even my iPhone doesn't pick anything up

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    we do not support iphone.

Android only. Should read as HPTuners MPVI2. At least thats how it reads on my phone & laptop.

Havent been able to connect to it either with my laptop. Cable it is for now i guess.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Connecting via BT really couldn't be any more simple.

1. Plug the interface into your pc/laptop using the supplied c-usb cable
    2. On windows 10 click the search icon and type in settings or bluetooth to bring up your bluetooth settings window
    3. turn bluetooth to the on position
    4. Hold down the button marked BT for 5 sections to enter pairing mode
    5. select + Add Bluetooth or other device
    6. select HP Tuners MPVI2 in the pairing window
    7. done.

I've tested this on multiple pc's today and its worked flawlessly on each.

Do they have a default name that they broadcast on bluetooth? I see a device called other and a WT12-a but it fails to add either one.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HP Tuners MPVI2 is the only one reported during our testing.

Bill I can tell you 100% I followed your directions to a T didn't even really need them at all anyway I paired it successfully however it will not reconnect there is something wrong as far as connecting to an iPhone you may not support it but any device with Bluetooth should still see you were Bluetooth device regardless

exactly it may be on my end but I am pretty computer savy and in my Bluetooth searches with the Bluetooth light blinking neither one of my laptops can find the device.

Tuner in Training
    Mine was also named "WT12-a". I didn't even press the BT button, but my PC showed the device and connected to it.
    You can change the name if you right click the "WT12-a" device and select Properties. Then select the Bluetooth tab and change the name.

Quote Originally Posted by s14hunter View Post
    Mine was also named "WT12-a". I didn't even press the BT button, but my PC showed the device and connected to it.
    You can change the name if you right click the "WT12-a" device and select Properties. Then select the Bluetooth tab and change the name.
    But are you able to reconnect the interface and use it wirelessly the name really doesn't concern me I can. But it is not seeing the interface again once it's paired

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangKiller View Post
    But are you able to reconnect the interface and use it wirelessly the name really doesn't concern me I can. But it is not seeing the interface again once it's paired
    I couldn't get it to connect again after the first time. But they are exchanging my device because of the issue I'm having with it not powering up and flashing all the lights. Hopefully I just got a dud :Fingers Crossed:

Tuner in Training
    same problem, can't find the mpvi2 with bluetooth. I do have the WT12-A show up but it showed up without even holding the button on the mpvi2 and Im confused about the WT12-A, is it like the bluetooth antenna in your computer so to speak or is it in the mpvi2 unit? I'm not computer smart at all lol but the mpvi2 is the only device I can't get to connect or even get to show up as being labeled hp tuners mpvi2 like they said it should show up as.

I am still in the same boat I have follow the directions to a t. It will Pair but not reconnect also when the scanner is looking for it it freezes the scanner I will post a pic I have to do ctrl alt del every time was froze for 10 minScreenshot (48).png

Tuner
    I have 3 brand new MPVI2s here. All show up as WT12-A and non of them will communicate with the scanner or Editor via bluetooth. I think there is something wrong with these early units.

I have tried on 3 different PCs with the same results. Once the BT button is pressed the Bluetooth light will flash on the unit for several minutes even if I pair it to a PC.

It will show up as WT12-A even before I press the BT button

Something needs addressed or these units are going back until its figured out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme View Post
    I have 3 brand new MPVI2s here. All show up as WT12-A and non of them will communicate with the scanner or Editor via bluetooth. I think there is something wrong with these early units.

I have tried on 3 different PCs with the same results. Once the BT button is pressed the Bluetooth light will flash on the unit for several minutes even if I pair it to a PC.

It will show up as WT12-A even before I press the BT button

Something needs addressed or these units are going back until its figured out.
    I'm also having this exact issue. tried on 2 laptops and a desktop.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindfashion View Post
    I'm also having this exact issue. tried on 2 laptops and a desktop.
    Something is up with these. hopefully HP Tuners will chime in with some details before this thing goes off the rails..