Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MPVI2 Bluetooth

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no pin number should be necessary, but try 1234...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok guys never mind i figured it out you can use 1234 or 0000 for a pin and now it works fine and connects

yeah Bill it kept asking for a pin maybe my lap top is a bit old i salvaged a old lenova think pad T61 added 14gig ram and a 2 tb external h/d works pretty good

Tuner in Training
    With the BT feature it shows it will support scanning. will it scan and overlay with Track Addict/Iphone from a Corvette C5 obd/data?

Tuner in Training
    I am considering purchasing the MPVI2. I want to be able to use it with VCM Scanner to data log. I also want to be able to use it by connecting with Bluetooth. From what I have read, some people get it to work, some people don't. For the ones that got it to work, did you use the Bluetooth built into the laptop or did you use a dongle? The one thing I read says that I first have to "plug the interface into your pc/laptop using the supplied c-usb cable". Is this necessary to setup Bluetooth? If so, do you know why? I haven't heard of needing a wire to connect two devices with Bluetooth.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    I am considering purchasing the MPVI2. I want to be able to use it with VCM Scanner to data log. I also want to be able to use it by connecting with Bluetooth. From what I have read, some people get it to work, some people don't. For the ones that got it to work, did you use the Bluetooth built into the laptop or did you use a dongle? The one thing I read says that I first have to "plug the interface into your pc/laptop using the supplied c-usb cable". Is this necessary to setup Bluetooth? If so, do you know why? I haven't heard of needing a wire to connect two devices with Bluetooth.

Yes, because the MPVI2 is not self powered ie it doesn't have battery in it to power it up so it needs a power source in order to setup bluetooth.

Tuner in Training
    I guess that I misunderstood. It seems like you are saying the cable is needed to set up Bluetooth when the MPVI2 is not connected to the vehicle. I assumed that it would be connected to the vehicle to setup Bluetooth and get power from the vehicle.

Potential Tuner
    I know there was problems connecting Bluetooth to an IPhone. Has there been any progress on that? I tried to connect today and my phone would not connect or pick up the MPVI2 signal. My phone is running Ios 13.1.

I Would like to get data logging going via Bluetooth to an iPhone, no way to keep laptop in racecar while racing but really need to be able to scan/log. My laptop finds it via Bluetooth but my iPhone never sees it

Tuner in Training
    badcoupe, I assume that you mean track data and not parameters for data logging. It looks like the HPTuners app, TrackAddict, is not good for parameter recording. HPTuners should look into working with the DashCommand app for this. One good thing about TrackAddict is that it works with other OBDII devices. I tried OBDLink MX (and it doesn't get warm when you leave it in for a while like I read in another post) with TrackAddict. There is an Apple version of OBDLink if you know anyone who might have it.

It would be easy/possible to keep a mobile device like phone in drivers suit to record data during hotlaps or race that I could look at in the pits to help make changes, that?s what I?m after anyway. I want to use the mpvi2 as it?s got wideband connected to it.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to use the MPVI2 without a laptop also but to data log engine parameters. I was sort of given the wrong impression that would be possible with the TrackAddict app or though direct logging to the MPVI2. It's hard to get answers from HPTuners, so I will continue to look for other solutions.

Tuner in Training
    I've tried 3 laptops with the same exact issue that I see so many others having. It will see it, it will connect, then it disconnects 5 seconds later and will not reconnect. Last I spoke with anyone at HP they said they are working on the problem. This was a month or more ago. I was wondering if their has been any progress on that front or a time frame? Bluetooth function was one of the main driving points I upgraded to this interface so it's very frustrating that it doesn't work. It would be awesome if it could be corrected.

Tuner in Training
    I was curious if the Bluetooth function would work with my laptop. I had no problems using VCM Scanner with Bluetooth on the laptop and the MPVI2. I am using a newer HP laptop with Windows 10. The laptop has a Realtek 4.2 Bluetooth adapter.

Tuner in Training
    Yea I've tried windows 7, windows 10, even a pc with Bluetooth 5. I find it interesting that some have no problems but a huge bulk do. Is this possible a hardware issue where my mpvi 2 is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    we do not support iphone.

Android only. Should read as HPTuners MPVI2. At least thats how it reads on my phone & laptop.
    Then why have the iPhone software???

Potential Tuner
    I couldn't agree more with this statement. Track addict app does record video? GPS coordinates? and some vehicle data. Good luck getting the vehicle data for tuning. I comes as a .tad file and still working (with race program) to convert it to .htl file to play on VCM Scanner.

Potential Tuner
    So currently, what is available using Bluetooth? Sounds like for windows laptops we can datalog possibly? (I can search it, but might be old info - hard to tell).

Also..... is there a 90 degree USB-C to straight USB-A cord that is acceptable to use since a straight connection is very vulnerable right by your clutch foot?

UPDATE: (Still looking for above answers), but I was able to data log using Bluetooth. It paired directly to the disconnected MPVII that I powered up with the USB cord..... however I couldn't connect to the vehicle until I unpaired the device and repaired by only powering up the MPVII via the OBDII power (key on). No PIN required.... but maybe that's because I paired with a cable 1st, then wirelessly 2nd.

I data logged using Bluetooth at idle, then USB cord at idle. My 2 Analog widebands logged flawlessly, but all the OBDII info was delayed. Most were behind on data about 1.8 seconds and the O2 and spark graphs were very irregular/choppy/hanging. Then IAT, Throttle %, and Alcohol % were delayed/behind about 18 seconds. The Bluetooth is a Qualcomm QCA61x4A on a decked out Dell Lattitude 5580 I had built especially for data logging. Any ideas what's causing the lag and refresh rate problems?

The 1st page with RPM @762 is screenshot 1 of 2 using Bluetooth (page 2 with 741 RPM is the end and shows the lesser lagging problem)
    The 3rd page with RPM @ 752 is using the USB cable (no Bluetooth)

Screenshot (956).pngScreenshot (955).pngScreenshot (954).png
    Last edited by iom2010camaro2ssrs; 03-09-2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Data logged with bluetooth

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by iom2010camaro2ssrs View Post
    So currently, what is available using Bluetooth? Sounds like for windows laptops we can datalog possibly? (I can search it, but might be old info - hard to tell).

Also..... is there a 90 degree USB-C to straight USB-A cord that is acceptable to use since a straight connection is very vulnerable right by your clutch foot?

UPDATE: (Still looking for above answers), but I was able to data log using Bluetooth. It paired directly to the disconnected MPVII that I powered up with the USB cord..... however I couldn't connect to the vehicle until I unpaired the device and repaired by only powering up the MPVII via the OBDII power (key on). No PIN required.... but maybe that's because I paired with a cable 1st, then wirelessly 2nd.

I data logged using Bluetooth at idle, then USB cord at idle. My 2 Analog widebands logged flawlessly, but all the OBDII info was delayed. Most were behind on data about 1.8 seconds and the O2 and spark graphs were very irregular/choppy/hanging. Then IAT, Throttle %, and Alcohol % were delayed/behind about 18 seconds. The Bluetooth is a Qualcomm QCA61x4A on a decked out Dell Lattitude 5580 I had built especially for data logging. Any ideas what's causing the lag and refresh rate problems?

The 1st page with RPM @762 is screenshot 1 of 2 using Bluetooth (page 2 with 741 RPM is the end and shows the lesser lagging problem)
    The 3rd page with RPM @ 752 is using the USB cable (no Bluetooth)

Screenshot (956).pngScreenshot (955).pngScreenshot (954).png
    Yeah unfortunately datalogging via bluetooth isn't optimized yet, we would recommend using a laptop when available.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah unfortunately datalogging via bluetooth isn't optimized yet, we would recommend using a laptop when available.
    Maybe I said it wrong, but this is with using a laptop. the only difference is I'm connected with Bluetooth instead of the USB C cable. Or is that the part that's not completely optimized? Thanks