Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MPVI2 Bluetooth

Does it work with Torque or other generic ODB2 apps on Android?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, only our proprietary apps/software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I followed the directs to the letter also, no luck with new laptop and Windows 10....Joel

Has anyone found a solution to this? My device appears to be up to date when I connect and query it with the Editor, however I cannot seem to connect via Bluetooth. It pairs with the PC fine, however will not connect when I try anything in the Editor. Pairs great though with the track addict software/program on Android....so thinking it must be my PC or settings in the PC/Bluetooth....
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to this? My device appears to be up to date when I connect and query it with the Editor, however I cannot seem to connect via Bluetooth. It pairs with the PC fine, however will not connect when I try anything in the Editor. Pairs great though with the track addict software/program on Android....so thinking it must be my PC or settings in the PC/Bluetooth....
    There is no BT functionality through the editor yet.

Ah, gotcha. Just got mine in the mail today after being upgraded from the old interface, so far good to go with reading/writing via usb. Love the new compact design.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Scanner and logging work like a champ via Bluetooth on the laptop, much nicer than stringing a cable over. Loving it.
    '17 Whipple'd S550

Tuner in Training
    Hi to all I'm new to HP tuners. I received my MPVI2 a week ago and installed the software and tried to get the bluetooth going with no joy. I was ready to pull the hair out of my head only to remember that I don't have any. I have found out why it did not want to connect. My bluetooth software on my laptop was aftermarket I then uninstalled the aftermarket bluetooth software and used the original windows sofware and then it started to work. I have also come to figure out that you can only use the bluetooth on the scanner software. it will not work for the editing software. There is a reason for that. If you are downloading or uploading your software and you loose the bluetooth connection for some unknown reason you will Brick your ecu or tcu and it will turn into junk. where as on the scanner software not a problem. I hope this will help others out there with the same problem.

Potential Tuner
    I just opened up my MPVI2 box and was able to use bluetooth to connect to two different WIN10 machines. Worked just fine.

Any plans on coming out with an iPhone/iPad version?

Potential Tuner
    +1 on the Apple MFI certification. If we can use the MPVI2 BT on Apple IOS, it will allow interoperability with other apps such as TrackAddict and maybe HLT. I'd like to consolidate OBD BT devices. I already have goPoint and PLX for IOS just for lap timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive915 View Post
    Hi to all I'm new to HP tuners. I received my MPVI2 a week ago and installed the software and tried to get the Bluetooth going with no joy. I was ready to pull the hair out of my head only to remember that I don't have any. I have found out why it did not want to connect. My bluetooth software on my laptop was aftermarket I then uninstalled the aftermarket bluetooth software and used the original windows sofware and then it started to work. I have also come to figure out that you can only use the bluetooth on the scanner software. it will not work for the editing software. There is a reason for that. If you are downloading or uploading your software and you loose the bluetooth connection for some unknown reason you will Brick your ecu or tcu and it will turn into junk. where as on the scanner software not a problem. I hope this will help others out there with the same problem.

Thank you captain obvious... Bluetooth aftermarket software? You mean 3rd party drivers... Also, you literally just reiterated what has been highlighted and discussed in all the previous post. Maybe you should read a little before coming on here to look all smart. Sorry, your post just seemed pointless like you're trying to build yourself up in the knowledge department, carry on.

Tuner in Training
    fleshe
    dont be an ass

Senior Tuner
    I cant get connect with bluetooth either

Does it have to be on Windows 10? I see it listed as MVPI2 in bluetooth listing and says its paired but wont connect
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Ok so after you have paired it and later you open the scanner and the MVPI2 is connected to the vehicle, do you just hit connect and it should connect to the MVPI2 or is there something else you need to do?

It worked on the initial setup but not afterwards.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    So I'm looking at getting the MVPI2 w/ Pro and would like to use the stand alone features, I'm know that they haven't been released yet. My question is what vehicles are going to be able to use this feature? In the Pro Feature Set is stats that Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent) & BlueTooth Flashing (vehicle dependent).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1LE View Post
    So I'm looking at getting the MVPI2 w/ Pro and would like to use the stand alone features, I'm know that they haven't been released yet. My question is what vehicles are going to be able to use this feature? In the Pro Feature Set is stats that Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent) & BlueTooth Flashing (vehicle dependent).
    That information hasn't been finalized yet and likely won't be for a while.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    I cant get connect with bluetooth either

Does it have to be on Windows 10? I see it listed as MVPI2 in bluetooth listing and says its paired but wont connect

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    I've personally only tested on two windows 10 pc's, however it should work fine no matter the operating system as the BT feature is not operating system dependent considering it connects via BT on my phone as well...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I've personally only tested on two windows 10 pc's, however it should work fine no matter the operating system as the BT feature is not operating system dependent considering it connects via BT on my phone as well...
    Where is walk thru on setting up and connecting blue tooth make sure i followed directions

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

My MPVI2 will initially pair bluetooth, but the laptop will not see it after that. Verified on two separate and dissimilar laptops.

Works great via USB and connects via bluetooth with the TrackAddict app.

Opened a ticket, but I honestly haven't had much luck with that in the past and ended up figuring out the issue myself. Not going to hold my breath this time either.
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine