Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: MPVI2 Bluetooth

Potential Tuner
    Not optimized... Meaning broken. In my case even the Track Addict app can't maintain a connection, and even if it could the app doesn't really do anything useful with that connection as far as I can tell.

Sounds like hptuners is lacking development resources to maintain and build their products. I can relate, it just sucks as a customer.

Advanced Tuner
    I use it quite frequently to datalog, so that i dont have a cord by the pedals when im trying to drive a manual transmission. Works just fine for me. I have not, nor would I even attempt to do a write or even a read through Bluetooth. Too many things can go wrong trying to do that wirelessly. I do have to manually turn off bluetooth in the PC, to make sure its not using that connection when I go to write calibrations. I have not used Track Addict so I cannot comment on that.

Potential Tuner
    Like previously stated a few times in this thread, I dont fully undertand the functionality of TrackAddict and the MPVI2 combined. I cant really maintain a connection for starters but even when I am connected, it doesnt seem to actually do anything additional compared to when the tuner is not connected. Am I missing something? The main reason I wanted to try this is to record some times like 0-60 to compare my stock tune to my new tune once I get it. Any better way to do this???

Has anyone been able to connect their MPVI 2+ to Bluetooth yet? I can Pair the 2+ No Problem to my laptop, but when i go to connect to the scanner and start logging, keep getting the generic Can not connect to device message.

I had no issues connecting the Regular Mpvi2 to this laptop, the 2+ just doesn't connect no matter what I do. Is there a different Procedure for connecting this one?

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I also paired my MPVI2+ but VCM software will not see it in blue tooth devices . works with usb and also shows paired when hooked to usb or vehicle. but fails to find interface MPVI2+ in devices.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smxtmpr34 View Post
    Has anyone been able to connect their MPVI 2+ to Bluetooth yet? I can Pair the 2+ No Problem to my laptop, but when i go to connect to the scanner and start logging, keep getting the generic Can not connect to device message.

I had no issues connecting the Regular Mpvi2 to this laptop, the 2+ just doesn't connect no matter what I do. Is there a different Procedure for connecting this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy9000 View Post
    Hello, I also paired my MPVI2+ but VCM software will not see it in blue tooth devices . works with usb and also shows paired when hooked to usb or vehicle. but fails to find interface MPVI2+ in devices.
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution but it won't be for a while. You should be able to use BT via our TDN and track addict apps using MPVI2+, just not available via PC/laptop currently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution but it won't be for a while. You should be able to use BT via our TDN and track addict apps using MPVI2+, just not available via PC/laptop currently.
    What is the TDN app? I saw something on the MVPI2+ sales page about needing it for BT use on iOS, but couldn't find it in the App Store.

Advanced Tuner
    TDN is a remote tuning app that is currently only available in test for Android that is only for receiving tunes from HP Tuners dealers.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 12-08-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    So when I (Upgraded) to the MPVI2+ from the MPVI2, I actually got (Downgraded)? :/
    I could use my old MPVI2 to do everything over Bluetooth from any of my laptops....
    [SIGPIC]
    1966 Chevy G10 SportVan 5.3 LM7 4L65E 3.73 (3000 LBS)
    1999 GMC Sierra 5.3L LM7 4L80E 3:73 G80
    2020 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L 4L80E 3:73 G80 (4x4)
    Guntersville Alabama (Roll Tide Roll)

I?d this going to be resolved I have the same issue? Can?t connect three Bluetooth say?s connected on laptop but can?t find interface. I also upgraded and worked fine before.

Same here!

Senior Tuner
    I generally wait 3 months before upgrading software or hardware from HP Tuners and keep an eye on the forums for issues. Sometimes they'll remove tables without any warning, and there hardware usually has bugs or features not working. Got bitten with the 4.10 update, didnt follow my own advice, but luckily got 4.8 sent to me.

Potential Tuner
    So I bought a MPVI2 but I?m wondering if I should return it and get the MPVI2+. I?ve had poor results getting an answer about what can be done over Bluetooth.

Basically I want to know if I can use Bluetooth connected to an iPhone to use as a scanner and be able to view live data and check/clear trouble codes. (Without having to connect to a computer). I was told about using the TDN app but I believe that is only for tuners to remotely tune vehicles.

So if that?s not possible I?ll just keep the MPVI2

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by True Knight View Post
    So I bought a MPVI2 but I?m wondering if I should return it and get the MPVI2+. I?ve had poor results getting an answer about what can be done over Bluetooth.

Basically I want to know if I can use Bluetooth connected to an iPhone to use as a scanner and be able to view live data and check/clear trouble codes. (Without having to connect to a computer). I was told about using the TDN app but I believe that is only for tuners to remotely tune vehicles.

So if that?s not possible I?ll just keep the MPVI2
    MPVI2 is not compatible with Iphone.

MPVI2+ is compatible with Iphone using TDN.

Potential Tuner
    So basically the answer is no because Im not a tuner within the TDN system.

Are there plans to make the MPVI2+ compatible without the TDN app, or plans to allow people tuning their own vehicles access to use the full features of the TDN app?
    Last edited by True Knight; 11-26-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I just received my upgraded MPVI2+. No issues pairing BT. So far can’t connect to scanner or editor. I upgraded for BT functionality. Bill: please advise current available functionality. I am using Windows 10 and Beta suite. Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I just received my upgraded MPVI2+. No issues pairing BT. So far can’t connect to scanner or editor. I upgraded for BT functionality. Bill: please advise current available functionality. I am using Windows 10 and Beta suite. Thanks.
    No eta for using MPVI2+ BT VCM scanner.

Potential Tuner
    Terrible.

I was wondering if I was the only person who upgraded and then found out the ambiguously worded statement on HP Tuners website meant all but the big guys are locked out.

I upgraded as well for the Bluetooth iPhone functionality......and got nothing in the end. It all seems so half assed as the MPVI already has (had) Bluetooth, and it was never built into true Bluetooth functionality (read and write).

Anyone want a new in box MPVI2 with 2 credits.......on Ebay for a great price.

The TDN should be available to individual tuners, make it a pay service if required, but saying no way is goofy.

VCM Scanner (Beta) 4.11.659 and newer now supports MPVI2+ over Bluetooth LE.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone got Bluetooth to work properly using Trackaddict or TDN with an MPVI2+? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 and I am unable to get it to pair. Phone will see MPVI and start to pair, then it hangs at pairing Bluetooth device. It will show up under Bluetooth devices when doing a scan, but says an app is needed to use this device when trying to connect. Just updated to the newest VCM Suite Beta and it did a firmware update to MPVI, no change. Also, Windows will see and connect using Bluetooth, but will fail when trying to read or write to the MPVI.