Thread: Question: Tuner swap

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Question: Tuner swap

So i purchased a Diablo T-1000 at the beginning of the year, just got done adding a Comp 274 cam, WOT Box, paid $500 for a custom Diablo tune for the cam and was wondering if the MPVI2 will just plug into the OBD-II port and edit the current tune on my 2014 Dodge Challenger RT.. Or would I have to revert back to the stock.drg tune file and have my PCM unlocked through HP Tuners?

When I done the Diablo Tune does that mean my PCM is already unlocked and ready to be tuned with the MPVI2? If not what would it cost for someone at HP Tuners to create a base tune for the listed modifications if they even do custom tuning? Trying my hand on editing things myself, I picked up coding VPS's, mainly botnets and network testing scripts for small business's to pen test their network and I learned that easily, hopefully its the same situation with modifying my vehicle

Current addons:
    - Comp 274 cam
    - WOT Box (2 step/launch control)
    - Ported CAI
    - Cats, mufflers, and resonators removed

Am I able to pull the diablo stock tune and cam base tune from my PCM and just convert to HP Tuners overall?
    Last edited by iEggsy; 06-06-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is what I did:

1) I used HP tuner to read and save custom diablo tune
    2) I unmarried the Trinity by restoring the stock tune -- You can now sell the trinity/ or keep it and use it as a standalone data logger/ or use it as a realtime gauge display
    3) I then used HP tuner to read and save the stock tune
    4) I then wrote the stock tune with HP to the PCM which made me license my vehicle
    5) I then saved the stock tune on my local drive and on the HP tuner USB stick which I later saved to a DVD...do not lose this file!
    6) I then opened the stock tune from my local drive and opened the custom diablo tune as my compare file
    7) I used the "view comparison log" and copied all of the differences
    8) I then saved this modified stock tune as the "converted original custom tune" on my local drive which I wrote to the PCM
    9) And finally, I copied the "converted original custom tune" to the HP tuner USB stick and also saved it on the same DVD with the stock tune...again do not lose these files!

The converted tune can now be modified by HP but I suggest you rename the file whenever you make modifications. I keep a text file with all the modified tune names (I include the date) along applied modifications. I even state which tune is currently on the PCM.

Here is a short version of converting from diablo to HP tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post497114
    Last edited by Homer; 06-08-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Would you be willing to share that tune with me I’m a seasoned Tech but fresh fish to this tuning. I was finally able to build my self a big 392 stroker with this 274 cam and some other expensive shit and I am broke and the wife is freaking about the money spent so far so my funds are helping our older kids move into the first house so I’m at your mercy.