Thread: 2007 e38 no BCM communication after flash

Tuner

2007 e38 no BCM communication after flash

Hello

i just did a AFM delete on a 2007 Tahoe, just like i have done many before. I changed the required settings in the E38, again like i have done many before. Flashed the ECM, now there is no start and no communication with BCM, it flashed fine, no problems at all. the truck drove into the shop. I have tried the stock file, twice. my tech2 wont communicate with the BCM either. Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    disconnect battery for 1hr for hard reset

Tuner
    ill give that a try

Tuner
    no go, checking data lines next

Tuner
    no go, wtf? hpt cost me a BCM?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see how HPT could have cooked the BCM you cant communicate directly with it using HPT.

I have bricked a TCM before with HPT.

maybe go back to basics, does the module have power, does it respond to anything etc etc.

Tuner
    Thats what i thought, the bcm wont respond to the tech2 at all, ill do some more checks. the truck ran fine when it came in, np at all

Tuner
    BCM fried for some reason, tried another one and it worked.

Advanced Tuner
    interesting.

coincidence or youre convinced it happen while flashing?

if this was the first or fifth time this vehicle was flashed.. It could honestly have been a bad BCM. It is forced to lose communication then gets reset which in itself uses memory read and most likely memory writing that has never been used previously. This reset isn't the same as disconnecting/dead battery. Who knows.. the version of code in the BCM at the time may have had a bug where it never recovers from a loss of communication, which is what happens when HPT or any other software takes over the can bus to flash the ECU.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-09-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires