Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellcat pulling throttle

The stock trans rpm limit is 7560.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    The stock trans rpm limit is 7560.
    So why does the trans shift around 5900 RPM in drive, even in track mode, when my ECM rev limit is 6700 rpm? Are you sure there are not limiter values in the trans tune that need to be modified?

Or... are there trans torque management variables that can be turned off that would prevent the trans from limiting upshift RPM?

Quote Originally Posted by mrnorm_hemicide View Post
    So why does the trans shift around 5900 RPM in drive, even in track mode, when my ECM rev limit is 6700 rpm? Are you sure there are not limiter values in the trans tune that need to be modified?

Or... are there trans torque management variables that can be turned off that would prevent the trans from limiting upshift RPM?
    Have you raised the shift points in your TCM? The ZF8 will command shifts around there stock regardless of your ECM Rev Limit. Though if you raised your RPM limit that high, I believe if you put it in manual, it forces shifts somewhere around 6500RPM stock so you could do that if you dont tune the TCM.

What you posted is ECM only so I can't tell if you've raised your shift points. The ECM does nothing for shifting but listen to the transmission for torque requests during the inertia phase of the shift. The TCM completely controls shifting on its own.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

^ this . Stock is 6k +- manual mode is 6.4k +-.