Thread: 2001 Silverado 5.3 - 4L60E to TH400

2001 Silverado 5.3 - 4L60E to TH400

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3 4L60E - Stock - Needs Trans tune for TH400

Can anyone assist me with a tune I can segment swap from 4L60E to TH400 - Manual tune will work - non-elect auto.

Operating System: 12208322

Attached is the stock tune I currently have that needs the swap. If someone has the manual tune I can segment swap off of will be greatly appreciated, or even if you want to download mine, swap it and give me the finished tune, that will be awesome too. Thanks for the support community!

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3 - Stock - Needs Trans tune for TH400.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Simply select the Trans Tab, general select NON elec auto,
    then System TAB, general, PRDRNL select none if you have none
    then goto engine DIag TAB, DTS, and deselect all SES, and no error reported for trans associated,
    Engine TAB, idle Base and adjust as necessary ( should be fine as it it)
    last step if you are using a speed sensor as th400 normally don't have elec iutput, is to get a speed reference in and calibrate that, (not totally necessary in a conversion) no segment swap really needed.

Thank you for your reply, and yes sir I know the basics of that, but I am unsure what is all the DTCs I need to turn off...

If the repository was yup I knew of two files in there that would have worked. One was a 4.3 manual truck and a 4.3 manual blazer.

For the DTC's it's anything transmission related, there are a bunch of them. Disable any engine and transmission abuse settings too so it can't cut power. Maybe someone can get you a file still though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the repository was yup I knew of two files in there that would have worked. One was a 4.3 manual truck and a 4.3 manual blazer.

For the DTC's it's anything transmission related, there are a bunch of them. Disable any engine and transmission abuse settings too so it can't cut power. Maybe someone can get you a file still though.
    And "80gus"

How does this look bud? If you dont mind looking at this tune? Did I delete everything I should for a NON-ELECT trans?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3 - TH400.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DiceDaLova; 06-11-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Tuner in Training
    maybe p1875 if ypur still using 4wd or not, are you still using a park neutral reverse switch input? rest looks good.

No sir, not 4wd, its 2wd, and not using any safety switches, just want to be able to start and drive it and have nothing that can stop it.

Tuner in Training
    drop the pnrd switch off under system tab aswell then.

Quote Originally Posted by 80gus View Post
    drop the pnrd switch off under system tab aswell then.
    Yeah the first file I sent had it enabled, but I went back and removed it and resent the file bud. System - General - PRNDL Equipped - None

Also, for speed limited I shouldnt have to mess with it because its a TH400 and wont be reading the speed off of it?

But if I want to run the speed from the trans onto the harness, how do I setup for that? Thanks for all the help.

Tuner in Training
    use pin pin red 21 to a digital input and calibrate to suit. the only effect without speed is mainly lean cruise, and you guys in the states weren't privileged to that in all models.
    fans aswell maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 80gus View Post
    use pin pin red 21 to a digital input and calibrate to suit. the only effect without speed is mainly lean cruise, and you guys in the states weren't privileged to that in all models.
    fans aswell maybe.
    If I want to delete the speed limit governor, do I have to in the tune, or will it automatically be gone because im running a none elect tran thats not regulated like the 4l60e?

Tuner in Training
    there no speed it wont govern just max the value if you like i think its 411 km not sure the miles