Thread: New to hp tuners, scanner layout config and STFT.

Potential Tuner

New to hp tuners, scanner layout config and STFT.

I need help with a good scanner layout for a Ba typhoon and also would anyone have a picture of what the short term fuel trim should look like.
    Having some trouble finding info on tuning fords.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Need some advice, i did a run on a mates stock Ba xr6 turbo and the injector duty reaches over 90% and the STFT is in the red. I'm thinking the fuel pump might be tired, any advice would be much appreciated. Log file Attached. Highway run and pull 1.hpl
    Last edited by Makaveli; 06-07-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    the STFT go to large positive values at WOT in open loop. I don't know why.

your narrow band shows its got fuel at 900+ mv but that's only a guide provided its correct and healthy.

stock BA/BF injectors are close to limit from factory. and more boost really needs an upgrade. the stock BA/BF pumps are also no good when you add some more boost.

injector DC on falcons is weird and I probably wouldn't be too focused on that. use experience to tell you if you have enough injector for your combo and boost. altering the high slope and breakpoint data will alter the logged injector DC. that's why I don't believe it with BA/BF falcons

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply mate, i've recommended he gets a better fuel system and a wide band before trying to push much more boost. I'm just going to load a typhoon tune for now until he gets some upgrades.

Advanced Tuner
    hm I always thought ba f6 had different injector data vs xr6t, is the f6 tune fairly safe to bang on an xr6t with a cooler and is it much difference in power with no other tweaks to the tune?

Potential Tuner
    Misk the injector data is the same and i actually recommended he gets a bigger cooler before summer because the typhoon has a bigger cooler then the XR6T. I just flashed the typhoon tune straight to his xr6t and the oil light came on but that was expected so i just copied the typhoon fuel, spark and boost settings to his tune and problem solved as for noticeable power gains he said its more responsive, pulls harder and that he is as happy as pig in shit with it. I also gapped his plugs down to 0.8mm.
    Last edited by Makaveli; 06-12-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    sweet! I was looking for a tune for factory xr6t with a cooler that has improvements everywhere and that I know should be safe fuel wise, is for a mate so wasn't super keen on spending a lot of time on it road tuning. cheers for the feedback!

Advanced Tuner
    I have nothing with stock injectors that has been edited.

i've never attempted a stock injector tune with all the "generic/mail order" file disasters.

stock injectors are on their limit by 10psi. quality injectors are cheap and provide a margin of error for boost creep, errors and mechanical failure to supply the required quantity

Advanced Tuner
    yeah I agree, that's why I thought a factory tune might be a safer way to go? rather than using a generic 10psi tune from the tune repository...
    I don't have to time to actually sit with him and tweak the gate duty cycle and he understands the next step has to be injectors followed by fuel pump so a bump in power and all round driveability is all he was after.