Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corvette LT4 really high IAT and MAT : 60-70 degrees above ambient air. Reason?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by djyankees31 View Post
    Yes, all the logging is with the pump working.

I have the pump working 99% of the time as I frequently check the system for air in the lines.
    Did you ever figure out your issue here? I am having a similar issue on my LT1 to LT4 swap on my SS.

I really want to know why this runs soo hot and yet stock ZL1's are showing to run much cooler.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 17TXCamaroSS View Post
    Did you ever figure out your issue here? I am having a similar issue on my LT1 to LT4 swap on my SS.

I really want to know why this runs soo hot and yet stock ZL1's are showing to run much cooler.
    Nope, everything I've tried has made very little difference in the 4 temperature readings. Ambient, IAT, IAT2, and MAT

Good luck and let me know if you figure it out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by djyankees31 View Post
    Nope, everything I've tried has made very little difference in the 4 temperature readings. Ambient, IAT, IAT2, and MAT

Good luck and let me know if you figure it out.
    Thanks, I will let you know. Going to try calling adm or weapon x tomorrow. They sell the kit so maybe they have more insight.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 17TXCamaroSS View Post
    Thanks, I will let you know. Going to try calling adm or weapon x tomorrow. They sell the kit so maybe they have more insight.
    It was WX that did my build and had the car for a total of 7-8 weeks. I've reported all my issues many times over several months after the build. Maybe they will have an answer for you and solve the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Older blower are junk. Use 17 and up blower and u don’t have this problem
    GM changed it for reason - too many cars going limp mode to hot
    Ps I have newer blower for sale
    Last edited by paulsmithsr; 10-25-2018 at 12:15 AM.

have you actually tried to activate the pump with key on and car off? it may not be functioning at all also if you can let it run and make sure its just not air bound and the factory z06 has known cooling issues too. Id back track instead of going crazy. Make sure its full while pump is running even if it means getting a power probe and supplying voltage to the pump to make sure its working and there is zero air.
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-27-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Tuner
    In my case, I know exactly when the pump turns off for the 3 minutes. I'm always logging IAT, IAT2, and MAT. During that time, IAT and MAT both get to the same temperature as ECT. So I'm referring to temperatures will the pump is running. Also, the pump would only have the cavitation issues after a WOT pull otherwise just normal cruising it runs.

Ok here comes the annoying part are your running the correct IAT offset for each IAT. Yes its redundant but if your scaling is off its a domino effect. Assuming cavitation issues WOT no offense with all due respect is ignoring all probabilities. The pump is on off not half flow ect. Now with that being said. If you want to fight yourself ok. Ive done this for 20 years. Back to the basics which you seem to be refusing to check like offset airpocket fan flow and electrical connections. You have no idea what its like to work on a 97 f250 with a diesel with modded electrical pump modded injector driver module 4 rotted harness connectors bad fuel and 3 bad injectors along with 11 bad valves. With that being said I STILL GO BACK TO BASICS. Dont rule out the simplest of solutions even down to disconnecting the battery cause KAM has stuck fuel trims and or sensor readings being off after a flash. Ive seen just about everything. Start with basics or argue youre way to a headache. Disconnect the darn battery and check the basics. Ive seen in bmw vw audi porsche ect ect ect even low batter ruin oem flash or key fobs on fords you name it. Your choice

Advanced Tuner
    If you put a blower on a car that didn’t have one, you probably only have IAT1 input. If that was relocated to the manifold, the ecm thinks you are driving in the Mojave in August, and then some. I think MAT is calculated, but on my gen4 truck there is a chart that you can adjust the weighting of this calculated figure, weighted on iat and ect readings. Find out where it is reading from to start. Log it key on and unplug the maf if the iat is internal, should read -40.

I put a LT4 SC on my Silverado and I connected up the pump wrong so if the pump cavitates it will stop for 3 minutes and then restart but once I connected the pump correctly the bleeders would spit coolant 2 feet when I opened them to blled the air out but when the lines were backwards it only shot coolant out about 2 inches. Check your pump and system out.Mine still always ran in Houston at 130 degrees in summer but when the pump was not connected corectly it shot up to 200.
    Good Luck