Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Chevy ECM downloads.(Unable to detect the vehicles diagnostics protocol)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, from out testing it's mainly vpw applications and only in vehicle, we we're unable to easily reproduce the issues on our bench harness.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah, from out testing it's mainly vpw applications and only in vehicle, we we're unable to easily reproduce the issues on our bench harness.
    Bill, can I purchase a second interface unit that you guys will test and confirm to be a GOOD unit?? and ill return my first one!! I'm dead in the water and need my truck!! I asked this yesterday on my open ticket, have yet to get a response..

Potential Tuner
    It was working fine out of the box for vpw, once the firmware updated that's when the issue started, I guess I would compare current firmware with the one the unit shipped with as that one seemed to work perfect.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nightjoker7 View Post
    It was working fine out of the box for vpw, once the firmware updated that's when the issue started, I guess I would compare current firmware with the one the unit shipped with as that one seemed to work perfect.
    Would there be a possibility of pushing the orignal firmware for the module out and allowing us to try that? It very well could be the issue. I didn't get the chance, and I'm sure not many others did, to try the firmware that the modules are shipped with.
    CardnlGTA
    1991 GTA Trans Am 5.7
    T56 Tremec
    Quick Performance 9"

Potential Tuner
    I should also mention yesterday when it had the out of box firmware it was able to communicate with every single computer I tested it with on the bench using a setup I have programmed thousands of computers with using tis2web, tis2000, tunercats and FORD IDS, both Gmlan and class2. As soon as the firmware updated class2 doesn't work on the bench or in the vehicle. If I use my mpvi1 it's completely fine. Seems like an absolute certainty its the new firmware causing the issue. Unless it's a hardware issue with the class2 circuit and its just a coincidence it started when updated, since others are having the same issue that seems doubtful to me.

Tuner in Training
    Update I downloaded beta and it started working again. However I know the next time I use it, it won?t work. It?s definately a software issue. I?d have no problem uninstalling and installing drivers everytime if it guaranteed me being able to write a tune.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It's not a firmware issue, we are working directly with our customers on resolving the issue.

Potential Tuner
    Brought some computers home with me and my bench setup, it looks like its only certain class2 serial computers. tried a 411 wouldn't work, then tried a P12 from a 06 colorado, that works fine. Also tried a p10 in a trailblazer that wouldn't work either so it's kinda hit and miss for some reason.

Potential Tuner
    Is it a batch of bad MPVI2s? Or is the MPVI2 just not capable of reading certain PCMs that the previous MPVI could? I'm getting a "detect protocol failed" on my 2005 Sierra. Had a bullydog tune loaded, tried returning to stock, and it didn't read either time. When I resync the interface in VCM editor, it does not show my available licenses either...

(Support) Ticket ID: 134262

6/17/2018 9:37:55 AM
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 4.0.2

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft .NET: 4.0.30319.42000, 4.7.1 or later
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Available Memory: 2,398 MB

Device ID: 2030285121
    Credits Purchased: 2
    Credits Used: 0
    Credits Available: 2

ID: 2030285121
    HardwareVersion: 1.4.0
    ManufactureDate: 5/31/2018 3:07:40 PM
    PartNumber: 6230
    FirmwareVersion: 2.0.79
    PoweredOnTime: 00:00:22
    VehicleConnectedTime: 00:00:22

Unable to detect the vehicles diagnostics protocol

Potential Tuner
    I have emailed support ticket #133698 c.o. William Henn and sent vehicle logs and debug.datt files on June 13 2018 . Have yet to hear a reply from support. Assume there working on it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydeeds View Post
    I have emailed support ticket #133698 c.o. William Henn and sent vehicle logs and debug.datt files on June 13 2018 . Have yet to hear a reply from support. Assume there working on it
    I sincerely apologize our hardware designer was off thurs/friday for his wedding so it was sitting in his work in queue. I'll respond right now.

Potential Tuner
    I sincerely apologize our hardware designer was off thurs/friday for his wedding so it was sitting in his work in queue. I'll respond right now.

I have an open ticket (134028) and haven?t gotten a response back, after multiple attempts. I asked on here and in the emails if I could purchase a second interface that is known to be good, and I?ll return the one I have to cut down on ?down time?... if that?s not an option then I?ll overnight the interface I have and pay for expedited shipping back.. but I NEED to get a response to get to the bottom of this!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by boostlag View Post
    I have an open ticket (134028) and haven?t gotten a response back, after multiple attempts. I asked on here and in the emails if I could purchase a second interface that is known to be good, and I?ll return the one I have to cut down on ?down time?... if that?s not an option then I?ll overnight the interface I have and pay for expedited shipping back.. but I NEED to get a response to get to the bottom of this!!
    Corey responded to your email on the 15th, here was his response "Hello,

I would like to test the interface here on the bench. Please Verify your shipping information (where the interface will be picked up) including Interface serial number, phone number, and email address. We will send a shipping label via UPS so you can send in the interface. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You"

We are still waiting for you to send us your shipping address, not the other way around.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I tried to use it on my gfs car and it?s back saying unable to detech protocol. I was given a ticket to send it a little over a week ago but I didn?t because I downloaded beta and it worked. I don?t understand how it lets you make one change every blue moon then stop working.

Potential Tuner
    Just got my mpvi2 back from hp tuners after sending it in on a ticket and it works awesome reads and writes and does everything it's supposed to . Only took a few days but well worth it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydeeds View Post
    Just got my mpvi2 back from hp tuners after sending it in on a ticket and it works awesome reads and writes and does everything it's supposed to . Only took a few days but well worth it
    Awesome, glad we could help you out!

Red face Thank You HP Tuners Support

Awesome, glad we could help you out!
    Bill and Corey Thanks for all of the assistance.

UPDATE: After awhile of working thru this issue I would like to thank Corey Clayton with HP Tuners Support, The issue has been resolved it was with a communications Protocol that was being used. I sent My MPVI2 and My ECU and bench harness to Corey he attacked the issue and got it resolved very quickly an sent it back now everything works great. So if you are still having this issues contact support immediately they are very responsive and will resolve it in a quick manner. They are very professional and courteous and will get it resolved have patience.

Ticket 136082 submitted for same issue.

7/2/2018 4:56:31 PM
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 4.0.12

Operating System: Windows 10 (build 15063)
    Microsoft .NET: 4.0.30319.42000, 4.7
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Available Memory: 3,455 MB

Device ID: 1351246741
    Application Key:33VB7-7OSM2-I7M4M-7FMMI-CW6GT-N2GQM-3NSMO

Device ID: 2030267534
    Credits Purchased: 2
    Credits Used: 0
    Credits Available: 2

ID: 2030267534
    HardwareVersion: 1.4.0
    ManufactureDate: 5/31/2018 7:30:08 PM
    PartNumber: 6230
    FirmwareVersion: 2.0.84
    PoweredOnTime: 00:00:33
    VehicleConnectedTime: 00:00:00
    Last edited by Just Chuck; 07-02-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Sent my MPVI2 back and they got it back to me very quickly but still has the same problem lol

Tuner
    Any updates on this. I have 2 MPVI2s that both come up with Detect Protocol failed when trying to read a 05 GM 5.3 ECU 12589463. Both units have been fully updated and I ran Both the current Beta and latest software with no luck.

My MPVI original reads and writes just fine......