Thread: Anyone have a basic 91 octane 5.3 tune?

Anyone have a basic 91 octane 5.3 tune?

Hey guys, just got my swap running... an 89 Dodge Dakota Shelby with an 03 Yukon 5.3, 4L60e, stock manifolds, true duals with no cats, and an eBay cold air intake. I've found a few 4L60 articles, but I was wondering if anyone had a 91 octane tune that I could try as a baseline? If anyone is interested, my stock tune file is attached. I wish the repository still existed, but alas it does not.

David Yukon.hpt
    77 C10 - 416 6L90e Swap

Why not just run it as is with 91 octane?

Slap a wideband in the exhaust, lean out the mixture from 11.0 in PE up to 12.2-12.5. See where timing is at and adjust it as required. Play with it, that's what this software is for, you don't really get anywhere or learn anything doing the copy paste with someone else work.

Fix the overly delayed PE settings, remove the 5,500rpm delay, increase the ramp in to 2.000, lower the enable toque to 80% and lower the pedal enable to like 60%. Past that is all a game you play to see what you can do with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

5FDP Does have a point, you should do what he offers, he knows a good bit, but I know no one will really help you because I tried to reach out on this forum a couple of times for help last week or 2, and no one is responding, at all, or try to help me. But ill do what I can, here is a decent tune you can look at and compare and see how its done for you can learn off of it. You can even use it for your yukon, its already setup for your truck. Vin number and all. Good luck, have a good day.

2003 91 Octane Tune for Yukon 5.3.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDaLova View Post
    5FDP Does have a point, you should do what he offers, he knows a good bit, but I know no one will really help you because I tried to reach out on this forum a couple of times for help last week or 2, and no one is responding, at all, or try to help me. But ill do what I can, here is a decent tune you can look at and compare and see how its done for you can learn off of it. You can even use it for your yukon, its already setup for your truck. Vin number and all. Good luck, have a good day.

2003 91 Octane Tune for Yukon 5.3.hpt
    Thanks, where'd you find that file? It's nearly identical to a stock file from the looks of it.
    77 C10 - 416 6L90e Swap

Potential Tuner
    5FDP when your data logging timing what parameters are you looking at besides knock retard and spark advanced?

Cylinder airmass so you can create a graph that is exactly like the high/low octane tables.

Then any adders or subtracters from the timing curve.

That's kinda it, with a good graph you can follow what is going on pretty easy.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Are you still looking for help ? I can send you a tune from a 2003 Chevy with a 5.3 tuned conservative for 91 .