Thread: sluggish when coming into boost?

sluggish when coming into boost?

sbe stock heads stock springs 6.0 lq4, 72/68 on 7psi 4l80e, as far as i know i very safe tune. probably too safe. i have over 2k miles wrapped up on it now since i killed ringlands due to lack of knowledge. id like to do a little more playing now that i feel a little more comfortable. ill attach a copy of my tune as always.

symptoms:

the truck seems super sluggish until it gets up into boost. like. anything near 0-3 psi and it feels like its struggling to build boost. but once it does it lights up like a christmas tree.

im sure we all know the term chevy rap(the exhaust note) well. the truck has a 3" exhaust all the way back with a dynomax bullet. start the truck up in the morning and take off and it feels super responsive. the engine responds very well to the loud lever but it gets chevy rap realllyyyyyyy bad until it gets up to operating temp. once it gets up to temp the rap goes away and sluggish coming into boost symptoms start. is my timing the culprit? too much fuel? hell i dunno. im still a noob, so by all means yell at me if its seriously bad lol. as always, thanks much guys!

and if any of you are near coon rapids, mn id love to bring the truck to you and have you check it out haha! i recently moved down here and have no friends near me lol
    "drive fast, take chances"
    "never let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big"

I live like 20 minutes away, I could help in person.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

VE table looks like it needs some smoothing man. prob not an issue yet but that turbo is pretty small so when u turn the boost up youll start having back pressure issues. I think your timing is fine; maybe put a little more into it until 3-4psi then pull 1-2 degrees per lb of boost. I always pull timing at 5250 where peak torque is to help the rods from peaking out the block lol. what plugs are you running and what fuel?

fdp what would you charge me? im pretty much free most of today and tomorrow. as for the ve table it definitely looks nuts, but according to the wideband its fairly smooth lol. i can add some timing and see how it reacts running 91 and 92-3 if i can find it. plugs are the oem iridiums that it calls for stock acdelco 41-110

Nothing, I don't need any money. It's suppose to keep raining today for a while so that kinda sucks but tomorrow evening after 5pm I got time. I get off work then.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

well shit... weekend ended up getting busy, went to a couple car shows, had dinner with the lady blah blah. im shooting north for this coming weekend and the truck is going to be left down here all weekend. sucks not knowing anyone down here that has a shop. our apartment complex are nazis when it comes to working on a vehicle. i can barely check my damn oil without being harrassed. if you ever get time this week after 5 or so, just let me know, ive been itching to get out of the apartment. ill keep an eye on this thread a bit more now.

also = adding some timing in the low boost area has helped TREMENDOUSLY. heres the changes i made. i dont plan on running too much boost through this engine until forged internals come. also. running this exact turbo as a set of twins.... pro's and cons? i just happen to have another one... laying around.... lol

Tomorrow and the next day look pretty decent for weather. I'll get back to this thread around 4-5pm tomorrow and let ya know.

Sorry, work kinda screwed me over today and my phone got broken, I'm without that for a few days to a week now.

Maybe tomorrow evening.

If you see this I got a little time tonight, toss me a message. Try to get to back to me in around an hour if you do.