Thread: Just upgraded to 4.0 and now "unhandled error" in both editor and scanner

Just upgraded to 4.0 and now "unhandled error" in both editor and scanner

I had 3.6 with no issues at all with several cars licensed etc. I just received a tune that was done in 4.0 so to see it and upload it I updated to 4.0. I can view the new file along with my older 3.6 files but now it won't let me upload any of them to vehicles..... cuz as soon as i hit the "write" button it pops up with an "Unhandled exception error" and doesn't let me upload the file.....I also get the same error now when I look under my License info and click the big blue "I" and it says I have no cars licensed....
    I hope someone can help asap.
    2002 C5 Vette - 408, YSI 10 rib, E85, ID1700's, Holley hi-ram, triple intank 450L Walbros, RPM drivetrain

1954 Ford hardtop - 2001 6.0L, SI cam, other goodies, 4l80e, nitrous outlet plate, Circle D converter, 9" ford - Airbagged 2 link (Ultimate Sleeper!)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure to update to net framework 4.6.1 or newer.

We had a check in 3.7 but it didn't get carried over accidentally. We'll have the warning posted in the software in a few weeks.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

dumb question, how do i upgrade to 4.6.1? i just checked and i've got 4.6.0 - I just went to main page and downloaded the latest again and it installed 4.6.0
    2002 C5 Vette - 408, YSI 10 rib, E85, ID1700's, Holley hi-ram, triple intank 450L Walbros, RPM drivetrain

1954 Ford hardtop - 2001 6.0L, SI cam, other goodies, 4l80e, nitrous outlet plate, Circle D converter, 9" ford - Airbagged 2 link (Ultimate Sleeper!)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Bill, outstanding, it seems to have fixed my issue!!! very impressed with the advice and direction, super appreciate it - Eric

Advanced Tuner
    So all the 4.6.1 installers I've seen are not for XP. Does this mean we are SOL for using XP machines?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct, XP has reached its EOL with us and is no longer supported.