Thread: 2015 challenger dyno problem

Potential Tuner

2015 challenger dyno problem

I am trying to dyno tune a 2015 challenger R/T 5.7l i have tried to turn esp of with hp tuners program but the abs keeps applying on every dyno pull. Can anyone help with this problem?

Advanced Tuner
    It can be disabled through editor or scanner software.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...enger+traction

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cody q View Post
    I am trying to dyno tune a 2015 challenger R/T 5.7l i have tried to turn esp of with hp tuners program but the abs keeps applying on every dyno pull. Can anyone help with this problem?
    I've gotten to the point I just remove the ABS fuses. When looking at the fuse panel under the hood remove the 40 and 30 amp fuses at locations 5 & 6 (you should double check this...it may be 4&5). Unless they have changed it (I have not checked for a while) VCM scanner will not disable traction control on the 15 and newer vehicles.

Potential Tuner
    thanks guys for the help i will have it back on the dyno Monday so i will let you know how it goes.

Advanced Tuner
    I must admit I have never attempted to use HP to deactivate ESP as I use my tazer. On my 15 RT+ (non-STP) I have a button that deactivates TC which allows me to spin my rear tires without any torque management (using the suto linelock from tazer). Even works when I light them up from 2nd gear without linelock.

As for the fuses for ESP mxatunerjg is right, below is the fuse chart from the 2015 service manual.
    ESP.JPG

BTW - If your 2015 RT has STP just hold the traction control button for 20 seconds and ESP&TC will deactivate.
    Last edited by Homer; 06-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Potential Tuner
    its weird because i turn stability and traction off but abs still activates for some reason.

Advanced Tuner
    You should be able to change cylinder displacement and it should disable TCS.

Most of the time after you get above 30-40mph it will defeat the TCS completely and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree.

Potential Tuner
    Thursday when i had it on my dyno i had traction and stability and the abs was holding the brakes and getting the rear rotors up around +200f so i stopped and started looking at a bunch of options, i haven't had this issue with other brands so this had me confused and he will have the car back to me on Monday to try again so im just trying to get options.

Advanced Tuner
    Just do what Jay stated - drive the car slowly from 0mph to 40mph, not letting off the throttle or giving it more throttle - just slow and steady to 40mph. Once you hit 38mph the dash will light up and you are in dyno mode. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries but it will work.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Potential Tuner
    i can get everything to change but A/F ratio i can remove 20% or add 20% and nothing changes with the in car o2 or the external o2 i have at the tip to check the reading. any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you trying to tune it VE or with ANN?

Potential Tuner
    i tried with the ve tables and also pratio table

Advanced Tuner
    i tried with the ve tables and also pratio table
    The question is do you have Neural Network enabled or disabled?

Potential Tuner
    i have tried both

Advanced Tuner
    i have tried both
    With Neural Network enabled, the VE tables don't do anything. If you're going to tune with Neural Network enabled, you have to do it with the injector scaling method. Otherwise, turn NN off and you should be able to tune via VE tables from there.

Is it a personal preference tuning NN or VE? Is one better than the other for tuning stock supercharged eng?
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    It seems NN on is the most common tuning approach for stock motors with FI power adders. Probably because it is quicker/easier tuning approach. Everything I have read states better/consistent results can be obtained by tuning VE.