Thread: Anyone willing to share a tune for heads/cam 99 LS1?

Potential Tuner

Anyone willing to share a tune for heads/cam 99 LS1?

I'm brand new to tuning. Just recieved the begginers kit from The Tuning School yesterday. I have a 99 Camaro LS1 with several modifications including: Ported LS6 Heads
    Comp cams #13838R/13175R (277/288 Ad dur .627/.613 lift)
    FAST 102mm throtlle body
    FAST LSX Intake
    42Lb injectors

I was told the stock LS1 ECM's can be harder to tune so I have a used ECM out of an 02 Tahoe.
    From what I have read, I will have to use credits for the Tahoe ECM and also credits for a tune to load into the Tahoe ECM, correct? I'm not planning on using the credits on the stock ECM. The stock ECM has a mail order tune from Texas Speed but it doesn't idle at all and fuel trims are negative 30-40 (won't run below 1200-1400 RPM's.

Anyone that has a tune that you think may work well or at least be a good starting point, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    For every ecu that you access you must pay credits (typically 2) to access, save, and make changes to the software. They keep track of access by VIN number. So if you read one VIN and pay 2 credits then your good to go. If you read two ecu's with different VIN's then you have to pay 4 credits, 2 per VIN.

I suggest only reading the ecu you are going to be physically using for now. If its not from your vehicle then it will need to have the VATS disabled. OS upgrades cost no additional credits after unlocking the VIN.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman